Common Interview questions for Ortho
- 0Feb 20, '07 by polinamax84Hi everyone. I am a nursing student in Canada in my last semester of school, and I have an interview next week for an ortho floor. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and pointers for the interview and any common nursing or non-nursing questions which may be asked.
Thanks so much for your help!
- 14,377 Visits
- 1Feb 27, '07 by questioningRN2007I hope this reply isn't too late! I went on an ortho interview yesterday. I told them upfront that I didn't have any ortho experience (I have worked med/surg). The questions were pretty standard:
1. Name three words that describe you best.
2. What is a strength/weakness.
3. How would you handle an angry family member?
4. What would you do if a supervisor asked you to do something unethical?
These are all the questions I can remember, but hopefully it gives you an idea. They did not ask me any specific ortho questions and I made it clear that I was willing to learn. I was offered the position, so I guess I did ok.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out!
- 0Jun 4, '07 by MrsMommaRNI just had an interview today for ortho. Some of the questions asked....
When I speak to you instructors what will they say about you?
Have you ever had to deal with an angry family? What did you do?
What are your plans for your nursing future?
Why did you choose nursing?
What if a nurse aide refuses her assignment for the day, what would you do or say?
What clinical skills do you feel you need to build on?