Common Interview questions for OrthoRegister Today!
- by polinamax84 Feb 20, '07Hi everyone. I am a nursing student in Canada in my last semester of school, and I have an interview next week for an ortho floor. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and pointers for the interview and any common nursing or non-nursing questions which may be asked.
Thanks so much for your help!
- 10,952 Views
- Feb 27, '07 by questioningRN2007I hope this reply isn't too late! I went on an ortho interview yesterday. I told them upfront that I didn't have any ortho experience (I have worked med/surg). The questions were pretty standard:
1. Name three words that describe you best.
2. What is a strength/weakness.
3. How would you handle an angry family member?
4. What would you do if a supervisor asked you to do something unethical?
These are all the questions I can remember, but hopefully it gives you an idea. They did not ask me any specific ortho questions and I made it clear that I was willing to learn. I was offered the position, so I guess I did ok.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out!
- Feb 27, '07 by polinamax84Hi. First of all, congrats on getting the job. And my interview is tomorrow, so this really does help. Thank you so much, and good luck on your new job
- Apr 24, '07 by EmmjayAnother question I remember is what was a stressful situation as a nursing student and how you handled it.
- Jun 4, '07 by MrsMommaRNI just had an interview today for ortho. Some of the questions asked....
When I speak to you instructors what will they say about you?
Have you ever had to deal with an angry family? What did you do?
What are your plans for your nursing future?
Why did you choose nursing?
What if a nurse aide refuses her assignment for the day, what would you do or say?
What clinical skills do you feel you need to build on?