OHSU acceptances/alternates - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 8, '12 by ReidCongratulations, Buttercup!!
- Jun 8, '12 by portland medicThanks everyone! I got the call around 1215 today.
- Jun 9, '12 by buttercupp85Thanks everyone! I got my call around the same time as well
- Jun 11, '12 by claireclaireHaven't had time to read through all the posts yet but congrats to those who got in!
I am applying once the September 2012 online application process begins.
Can someone tell me how to go about the proctored essay part of the application?
I'm doing prereqs at pcc atm. I know I have to search for a qualified proctor in my college.
If I start to register and begin the online process, does it include the essay part at the same time as well?
- Jun 12, '12 by portland medic@claire- Don't sweat the OHSU proctored essay too much. PCC will provide the proctor and testing site for a nominal fee in a very painless process. They make it very easy for you. Just go to the OHSU admissions page and create an online application account, and follow the directions when you are ready to apply. You can start filling it months in advance also. Don't worry too much about the essay itself either. There were no curve balls, just Straightforward questions. Just be ready and bring your A game. In hindsight the OHSU application ended up being easier and less stressful than all the other schools I applied to ( PCC, MHCC, Clackamas, and Chemeketa ). Good luck! Apply to as many programs as you can.
- The proctored essay is separate. You'll need to find a proctor and you'll email OHSU your proctor's info. I'm sure you can do this on campus at PCC. I did mine at OIT. Then you schedule a date to do your essay. You don't know the topic beforehand and I was given 2 hours, a private office with a desktop that had video cameras around it, and a scratch piece of paper and a pencil. Everything on you, like a cell phone, is stored somewhere. you have to bring with you a pre stamped and addressed envelope to give to your proctor so the essay is never in your hands to mail, but you can print out a copy to take home. You're not allowed to talk about the essay topic to anyone else. Oh and also they check the internet log because you're not allowed to look up info in the net during the essay.
But don't sweat it, I applied for OHSU this year and last year, and the essay questions weren't bad. One of the things they also look for is that you can follow directions. I definitely thought my essay was better this year, doing it again. And I made it in this year! Good luck!
- Congrats! I'm sure that made your day
- That's exactly how I felt! I even started to apply for childcare and hospital (or both combined) jobs in Portland. Funnily enough, one job just contacted me today for an interview. I'll have to tell them I didn't plan on getting into nursing school when I applied!
I was so excited I was literally shaking. And now I'm really impatient for my packet to come! Checking the mail everyday again!