You have a myriad of things to choose from!
1. Greatest fears of the patient pre-operatively
2. Hypothermia during open abd cases-causes and effects
3. ABX usage
rocedure. Why do some surgeons insist on using a certain ABX for a procedure and why do some elect not to use an ABX?
4. How noise in the OR affects induction and emergence
5. Positioning, and the importance of using gel pads/foam during surgery
6. General anesthesia v. conscious sedation
7. Consent issues with patients that do not speak English. Consent issues for prisoners. Consent issues for intubated patients that have no family to consent for them.
8. Turnover times and the effect it has on the bottom line
9. University/teaching hospitals v. community hospitals and how they differ in regards to productivity
10. Sterility issues and lack of instrumentation for cases.
11. Lateral violence in the OR and how to deal with challenging issues with personnel.