Operating Room Research TopicRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Operating Room Research Topic in Operating Room Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I am at a surgery center for one of my clinicals. I have to do a research project and present it to...by swestfal Sep 17, '12I am at a surgery center for one of my clinicals. I have to do a research project and present it to the staff. My topic can be anything related to the perioperative experience and I am not sure where to begin. Any ideas for good topics that would be appropriate for nurses who have been working in the OR for years?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=786003©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,168 Views
- Sep 18, '12 by canesdukegirlYou have a myriad of things to choose from!
1. Greatest fears of the patient pre-operatively
2. Hypothermia during open abd cases-causes and effects
3. ABX usagerocedure. Why do some surgeons insist on using a certain ABX for a procedure and why do some elect not to use an ABX?
4. How noise in the OR affects induction and emergence
5. Positioning, and the importance of using gel pads/foam during surgery
6. General anesthesia v. conscious sedation
7. Consent issues with patients that do not speak English. Consent issues for prisoners. Consent issues for intubated patients that have no family to consent for them.
8. Turnover times and the effect it has on the bottom line
9. University/teaching hospitals v. community hospitals and how they differ in regards to productivity
10. Sterility issues and lack of instrumentation for cases.
11. Lateral violence in the OR and how to deal with challenging issues with personnel.
- Sep 19, '12 by wakyonecanesdukegirl-love reading your posts. Always very well thought out and have lots of information.