Iodine scrub stained my white gold wedding ringRegister Today!
- by Libitina Jul 25, '10I usually use Hibiscrub but we'd run out so I had to use iodine scrub (Videne or some such). It has marked my white gold wedding ring with dark grey patches. Any idea what will get them off?
- 2,519 Views
- Jul 26, '10 by Mr. & Mrs. RNI don't know what will get it out, but you can always get it Rhodium plated to make it look good as new. I usually do this once or twice a year just to protect it. I would also recommend that you don't wear any rings per AORN recommendations.
- Jul 26, '10 by ScrubbyI'm also curious to know why you're wearing a wedding ring and scrubbing? This is a big no no.
Maybe take your ring to a jeweller and see of they can get rid of the stain. While your there maybe buy a necklace so you can wear your ring on it- if your policy allows this.
- Jul 27, '10 by LibitinaI work in the uk. We're allowed to wear a plain band wedding ring and plain stud earrings, we're not allowed to wear necklaces or any other jewellery.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
- Jul 29, '10 by terry78Try scrubbing it with an old toothbrush and crest toothpaste. Years ago, before we knew mercury was so dangerous, I was rolling some around in my hands and got it all over my brand new engagement ring. My dad told me to try the toothpaste and it worked like a charm. Good luck.