Best and Least Cases? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 6 by SandraCVRNLove-hearts, vascular
Like-Lap chole, appy, etc
Hate-gyn, lungs, like someone else said anything that starts with I&D of, any procedures where the positioning takes longer then the procedure.
- Apr 6 by canesdukegirlLove trauma surgery! I like open belly cases, ortho, neuro...hate ENT, gyn.
- Apr 10 by kat von bLOVE ortho, great docs, busy cases! I could live without plastics and general and since we are cluster based I'm never in a position to do hearts or vascular.
- Apr 16 by ChristineAdrianaRNLove - neuro
Like - general
Dislike - plastics (boring), hearts (the doc is waaaay too high-strung for it to be enjoyable)
Hate - ortho (hate positioning and prepping, hate all the little screws and washers and bolts, I went into nursing, not carpentry!)
- Apr 17 by FlyORLOVE Ortho! Great big femur fractures, drills, plates, screws, Jackson table and the satisfaction of "fixing"!
Like General, but only at certain times. General surgeons can be mean )&*()*&(&& s. Cases are great, just who you're working with.
Urology, can't say I love the cases, but our urology team is made up of very very nice people. Pleasure to work with them.
Eyes? Snooze. Especially after lunch. Except for ocular plastics, I do like that.
That's the great thing about the OR! So much you can do!
- May 19 by Dove87Love: General, Plastics, Ortho
Hate: Urology, Gyne
A lot of the love/hate has to do with the team (surgeons and nurses), you always can tell when you are going to have a good day or a bad day based on the team...
- May 22 by ACaring&Sweet,RnThanks for all the replies !!! Its interesting to find out what everybody else likes and dislikes.