Any Neuro OR Nurses out there? Need Advice.Register Today!
- by BerkshireGal Oct 2Hello everyone.
I have a question for any Neuro nurses out there. I am new to Neuro, most of my background has been General surgery in a small community hospital. Now I am working at a new hospital and I'm diving feet first into Neuro, yippee!
My question is does anyone out there count Raney clips? Should they be counted? I'm finding the staff here is divided over this. I can't find anything in our policy about it and the folks here aren't very open to talking about surgical counts at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- Oct 3 by SpineDudeYes we count them
- Oct 5 by heartloverEvery place I have worked Neuro they were counted.
- Oct 5 by Celia214Yes, we count them, especially on open cases.
- Nov 15 by leftmy<3elsewhereWe don't count them. I personally feel that we should, but evidently their (the higher ups) opinion is "if it wouldn't show up on x-ray, there's no point in counting it."
- Nov 18 by dolmosI'm a Surgical Tech who worked Neuro before moving to nights and we don't count them at my facility.
- Nov 28 by Mzmomie7My facility started counting them... Once one was left in a patient.
- Dec 1 by aubgurlQuote from leftmy<3elsewhereI think that's all the more reason to count them. If they don't show up on X-Ray, you better make sure you have all the ones you started with!We don't count them. I personally feel that we should, but evidently their (the higher ups) opinion is "if it wouldn't show up on x-ray, there's no point in counting it."