RN to MSN/Ed at UoP...comments, thoughts, concerns?Register Today!
This is a discussion on RN to MSN/Ed at UoP...comments, thoughts, concerns? in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello, I am looking into getting information from UoP about their RN to MSN/Ed program as I want...by ERNurseScott Feb 20, '12Hello,
I am looking into getting information from UoP about their RN to MSN/Ed program as I want to start as soon as possible. Anyone have any input? Graduates, any advise? Anyone currently in the program, how's the workload? Too much, too fast, too slow? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to reply!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=676642©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,404 Views
- Feb 20, '12 by llgI have preceptored a couple of students in that program for their practicums. The faculty never even contacted me, much less communicated their expectations or sought feedback about their students. I had 2 students who did a good job and deserved the "A" that the school gave them. I had 1 student who did practically nothing for 2 semesters -- did not fulfill her objectives or even deliver the final project she was supposed to do for the hospital. The school also gave her an "A."
I've tried to discuss this problem with the school on 2 or 3 separate ocassions, but no one ever calls me back.
Let's just say that my personal experience as a preceptor for their students has left me questioning the quality of the program.Last edit by llg on Feb 20, '12
- Feb 20, '12 by traumaRUsI did both an RN to BSN and BSN to MSN with UofP.
It is a very self-directed program. I did have clinicals which I found for myself as I had particular goals in mind. My instructors did not contact my preceptors - much was left up to me. I was (and am) still fine with the education I rec'd via UofP. I did the Management and Leadership track and then went on (at a different institution) and did two CNS programs.
- Feb 23, '12 by ERNurseScotttruamaRUs,
Which CNS programs did you pursue? How long was each program? My goal is to earn my MSN/Ed, start speaking at national conferences and reviews and then go for my CV CNS and trauma CNS.
Any input is much appreciated!
- Mar 2, '12 by traumaRUsI did an adult CNS program - 2 semesters and then 600 hours clinical in 2006, then I did a peds CNS in 2010.
If I had to do it again, I would do FNP. However, with the consensus model, I would reconsider that idea too.
- Mar 7, '12 by nursetee627I am going to begin classes March 20th In the MSN/ED program.
I would love to hear from different people who are in different stages of the program and what they have liked and hated.