Georgetown Spring 2011 ABSN applicants - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 20, '10 by nan0123Does anyone know how many applications they got, and how many they are accepting for spring? Has anyone heard when the acceptance letters will be sent out? I'm wondering if they're finished with the interviews yet.
- Sep 20, '10 by izziThey received 120 applications for the spring semester and they will accept 60.
- Sep 20, '10 by nan0123Thank you for the info! Any word on when the acceptance (or, heaven forbid, the rejection) letters or emails will be sent?
- Sep 20, '10 by PokytrokytQuote from nan0123I started the ABSN program at Georgetown in January '10. Though they may do things differently this time than when I was applying, I received my notice of acceptance by email on October 15, 2009.Any word on when the acceptance (or, heaven forbid, the rejection) letters or emails will be sent?
Good luck to all you applicants!
- Sep 21, '10 by izziNot sure. I had my interview yesterday and I believe the last set of interviews are on Thursday. I 'm thinking within the next two weeks.
- Sep 22, '10 by joe8kippyI was there on Monday & I think the options for interviews ran through next week. Admissions folks that I spoke with said to expect decisions in early Oct. Didn't give a fixed date. But the scholarship deadline was Oct 6, so I think it will take longer to hear about that.
- Sep 24, '10 by Shaw913For those of you who went for interviews, was there any indication of why they had asked for an interview. I only ask because of the email they sent out saying that they would base their decisions on the applications and mycollegei videos, unless there were additional questions. Did you all do the mycollegei interview?
I'm sure the interview will only help you, so good luck!
- Sep 24, '10 by joe8kippyI didn't do the mycollegi video, but I live in the area. So, it was easier for me to come in person than to prepare a video; and I prefer meeting people firsthand if possible. It was a pretty short interview - the questions that they asked were very basic and pretty much expected - why do you want to be a nurse, application of my non-healthcare background to nursing, etc.
I'm wishing everyone the best luck as well!
- Sep 24, '10 by Shaw913Thanks! That was calming to my nerves!
- Oct 3, '10 by nan0123Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm wondering if they will send out acceptance and rejection emails at the same time. Did everyone send in their WHC applications already, or are you waiting to hear from Georgetown first?