Chamberlain, Capella, Kaplan, or who???Register Today!
- by Chibi-chan Oct 22Hey everyone, I'm an ADN RN who is having a heck of a time finding employment. I graduated in May and am still looking for a full-time job. Every hospital I apply at glances at my resume, sees 'ADN' and quickly tells me that they only accept BSNs. I have never been so depressed in my life.
So I have decided to get my BSN. The only difficulty I'm having with it is deciding where I want to go. I've narrowed it down to Capella or Chamberlain because I need an online-only program so that I can study after I (hopefully) find gainful employment. I'm also the spouse of a military vet, and both places offer a tuition discount for spouses.
I hope that some of you who have went to these schools can give me some helpful advice. Thanks in advance!Last edit by Joe V on Oct 28
- 1,252 Views
- I did Chamberlain. I was very happy with the school and program. I have no regrets in doing my RN to BSN there and would recommend it to anyone. They were easy to deal with, they were predictable, questions always answered and overall happy.
- Oct 22 by schnookimzHave you looked at western govenors? It's much much cheaper and faster.
- Oct 22 by Flames9_RNChecked out Grand Canyon University? I just started (sep 30th) and it is 100% online (no clinicals) And it was priced right as well. Not sure if they give spouses a discount though. I know if you join the ANA, one gets 10% off. I think in ttl its around $17,000. Each class is only 5 weeks in length, so they do squeeze a full semester into those 5 weeks. I know a lot of my fellow class mates work full time. Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) | Grand Canyon University and I guess they do offer discounts to military spouses:Grand Canyon Universityost people from An ADN program require 12 classes to graduate. I require 12, but can test out of 2. Best of luck
- Oct 22 by Chibi-chanThank you for your responses everyone. I haven't looked at Grand Canyon or Western Governors yet, but I will. Thanks for the suggestions About how long did it take you to get your program finished, IrishIzRN? Did you work while doing it?
- Quote from Chibi-chanThank you for your responses everyone. I haven't looked at Grand Canyon or Western Governors yet, but I will. Thanks for the suggestions About how long did it take you to get your program finished, IrishIzRN? Did you work while doing it?
I took my time doing it...about 2 years or so. I literally took one class at a time. I worked 12 hour nights, had 4 kids, pregnant with number 4 who was born a little before I was finished.
- Oct 22 by Chibi-chanOkay. What are the courses like? Mandatory login times or anything like that?