RSU Fall 2010Register Today!
- by aholland311 May 29, '10Hey all!
Was just wondering if anyone else out there is starting RSU's nursing program this Fall... I am and I am soo excited! I would love to meet others who are starting with me....
Looking forward to meeting all my classmates,
- Jun 17, '10 by smclendonCongrats! I just wanted to know if you had all A's on your pre-reqs? (How hard is it to get in, in other words?)
- Jun 19, '10 by usernamedHi I was accepted also! I am very excited and the orientation made me even more excited!
smclendon, I was accepted with 4 A's and 1 B. I felt it was actually pretty easy to get accepted, just having to worry about the 5 prereq's makes it pretty simple!
- Jun 19, '10 by aholland311Hey! It's awesome meeting someone that is going to be going through the program along with me! The orientation really made me more excited and anxious for school to start. It still seems like it is a long time away. I am trying to figure out what am I going to do with myself till then lol! I look forward to actually meeting you in class :-)
Smclendon, thanks! I made 3 A's and 2 B's. My two B's were in Anatomy and Physiology, and Comp 1. It didn't seem too hard to get accepted. I did hear though there were 220 applicants to get in and the top 87 were chosen. You should definitely try to get in. Do you attend RSU? I know they give some extra points for taking the pre-req's at RSU.
- Jun 22, '10 by usernamedI know I am so excited! I feel like it is forever before classes actually start. I have been buying school supplies and reading through the forums on here to prepare myself! I got my uniforms yesterday and ordered all of my medical equipment. I talked to one of the Bartlesville registrar women today and she said that we should feel really proud of ourselves for getting in because she has talked to a ton of students that had A's and B's and did not make it into the program, she said the standard were extra high this year.
- Jun 23, '10 by FriarTuckI'm also starting the RSU program this fall and really looking forward to it. I'm one of the 12 guys in the program (think that's the number they told me).
I just want to know who voted for white pants and how we can repeal that decision :-).
- Jun 23, '10 by Samantha79I'm also starting RSU in the fall. I agree with the white pants. I want to puke. I have all my uniforms and have started ordering my books online (PLEASE DO it's only about $580 instead of $1000+ by getting them at the bookstore. If you need links to good sites to buy from just ask.)
I'm pumped about classes starting. I have all of my med equip and got my CPR cert last Friday (any of you there?). Now I just have to get my vacc and background and drug screen. Oh yeah and physical... etc. There is still a lot to do before Aug 1st!
- Jun 24, '10 by usernamedI got all of my books online also! Mostly from half.com and one from amazon. I spent a little over $500. I also got all of my medical equipment. I just got my Littman cardiology III in yesterday and it is absolutely amazing! I'm getting my CPR in July. I am done with my immunizations and physical. I drove to Claremore to get that done on Monday. So now I am just being a nerd and looking at my NCLEX books. I went ahead and ordered the one for the LPN exam since we can sit for it after our first year of school. I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy the summer because we won't have free time when classes start, but it isn't working so far because I am so excited.
- Jun 25, '10 by aholland311Yes Congrats to all of us! I am so anxious for school to start it is not even funny. LOL! I would have to agree with all of you on the white pants issue...Blah I hate having to be concerned with what color of underwear I am going to wear for the day. That sucks! Why couldn't they have just had the whole uniform as blue?
Anyways, I got my physical and immunizations up to date. I just need to get my background check and drug test. I also need to get my books, but I am actually going to have to wait and buy them at the bookstore because I have to use my financial aid unfortunately...so it looks like I will be paying the $1000. I have a couple of the medical supplies already like the stethoscope, but I still need to pick up some other stuff. I am thinking about getting oneof the NCLEX books soon. I would really be interested in studying some of it before hand, but then again I might not understand any of it.
Welp, I hope that we can keep writing here on the board while we are waiting on school to start...
- Jun 26, '10 by Samantha79Do you guys have any idea what to do with your hair while in uniform? My hair is fairly long and even in a pony tail it is well below my collar. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it that won't make me look like a grandma or librarian, and also won't take me and hour to do....
any ideas or photos?
Also shoes... I need to get some, I'm thinking New Balance 609's. Has anyone got theirs yet or have any ideas what you are planning on getting?