Rose State RN Fall 2012 - page 8
by Tariejay 12,590 Views | 86 Comments
Just wondering if anyone has any info on the career ladder track at Rose State. I am a LPN and applying for the first time to the RN program. So far I have 96 points and I am going to take my compass again to raise my math. Any... Read More
- 1May 6, '12 by Cwhitney731I wouldn't have chose to do it this way lol. He was a bit of a suprise... Well the timing anyway. But I guess best to do it first weeks of first semester then later... My sis just graduated in may and said its def the easier semester. My husband is wonderful. I just don't want the teachers or director frowning down on me...
- 1May 6, '12 by sewin2musicDon't give them a reason to. Show them how bad you want this and that nothing will stand in your way. Work hard, make note cards so you can study while you are up in the middle of the night with your little one. It's amazing how much study time you can get while rocking your baby. I was sure my baby's first words would be infectious diseases You can do this, just be confident!
- 0Jun 1, '12 by Zombi RNI got accepted into the traditional days career ladder track -- but the clinical schedule severely conflicts with my work so I accepted but asked to be switched into online or evenings if at ALL possible. I have to be honest and I'm not looking forward to it at all -- I'm only looking forward to it being OVER!
- 1Jun 19, '12 by BojamashellSorry to Josh and Amber about barely missing the cutoff for points. But hang in there! Your turn will come. I was told that the cutoff keeps getting higher and higher, getting more and more competitive. And that cutoff this time last year was usually 129 or 130.
To those that did get accepted - Congratulations!! I don't know how the career ladder track works. Whitney, looks like we'll be in class together! You're going to do fine with baby. You're right. At least it's at the beginning and not in the middle or end of the semester, right? You won't have to do clinicals carrying a baby.
I'm excited for the semester to begin! I've turned in my titers, TB test results and CPR cert. Now just waiting for July for the background check and drug screening and I'll see you at orientation on the 9th of August!
- 0Jun 23, '12 by Zombi RNThank goodness! I got a call Thursday informing me that my request to be transferred from traditional day to online was accepted, so I'm officially all set up for that. It's a huge relief to me and my husband, who weren't sure how we were going to make that days clinical schedule work.