OU Accelerated BSN May 2011 Start - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 14, '11 by juliaannOh gosh, you know who I am and I'm not entirely sure I know who you are...I know there are several Redeemer people I've met who are in OU-Tulsa programs, but I just can't figure out who I know of/have met who's in the ABSN! I vaguely remember talking with someone about the program or a spouse of someone in the program but can't remember much more than that! Yikes...my memory failure doesn't bode well for the next year and a half, haha!
I look forward to re-meeting you on Sunday!
Orientation this year is Tuesday April 12th. So excited!
- Mar 22, '11 by NutraNurseHello everyone!!
New to allnurses.com (joined yesterday) seems like a great resource. No one in my family works in the health care field, so i'm hoping to learn as much as i can from this site.
I was recently accepted into the OU-Tulsa accelerated nursing program. Super excited! It's great to see so many future classmates on the forum!
I graduated in December from OSU with a degree in nutrition, option-dietetics; realized about a year ago that dietetics was not for me. Since then I've been working for a catering company and trying to figure out what i want! There are so many possibilities for nurses.
- Mar 22, '11 by juliaannAwesome, congrats, and hi!!!
- I too am going to be in the class that starts in June. So excited and so nervous. Will be ending one career on May 27th and starting this great adventure in June. Look forward to meeting all of those who have been responding on this message board. I already work at St. Francis and love it.
- Mar 27, '11 by NutraNurseWhat are you most nervous about wolfie?? I'm nervous about clinicals; i've heard you just have to jump in there and try things. I'm definitely the type who likes to see it done a few times before jumping in! On the other hand, i graduated in December and have had this time off from school.. I think it'll actually be nice to get back into the classroom again. I miss it.
- I am more nervous about the class stuff since we have to much to learn in a short time....clinicals will be ok for me since I already work at a hospital and get to jump in now. Do you have any experience in health care?
- Mar 27, '11 by NutraNurseYeah, i guess we can handle anything for 14 months.
What's your previous degree in??
No, i do not have much health care experience. I've volunteered in an ER waiting room for 4 months once a week and I have my EMT certification. I never worked as an EMT, but i got a few moments of experience during my clinicals.
- I have a degree in Sociology but have teacher certification and have been teaching middle school. I assume you live in Tulsa...
- Apr 4, '11 by RDLDHello everyone! I was also accepted into the ABSN program in Tulsa. NutraNurse, I also studied Dietetics and currently work as a dietitian. Paperdove, I also used to live in NYC. Let's all get in contact