OCCC Nursing Program for Spring 2013 - page 9
by liviah15 | 22,711 Views | 140 Comments
Just turned in my application...now for the waiting:confused: I only had 17pts, was wondering what everyone else had?... Read More
- 0Oct 15, '12 by brit57Congrats to all who got in! this was my 2nd time applying, and I got alternate #15. #2 & #3 you guys have a great chance at getting in! Im going to go ahead and get all of my immunizations, and CPR and be ready just in case by some luck of the draw that I get a phone call in December or January. It was a total let down not getting in this time, and Ive spent the last 2 days stewing... I know, its not good lol. But, Im going to keep trying. Plan on taking a CNA course, to add 1 point to my preference points and continue to bring my GPA up. Gonna call and see if I can find out what the cut off was last fall, so I have an idea. I had 16 points and a 2.62 GPA both last fall and this time around. Good luck to everyone who got in! maybe the alternates can keep us all updated as they get called, so we kind of know whats going on, and if we have a chance!
- 0Oct 15, '12 by Leslye3404I will definently keep you posted on what I hear for us alternates. I have already started my immunizations and stuff. I did my CPR last year at occc I highly recommend it. Im almost positive it last for 2 years. I have been trying to stay positive but waiting stresses me out! I think that the fall cut off is always higher than spring. I have heard moore Norman tech is good for the CNA class. Good luck to you!!!!
- 2Oct 16, '12 by KatherineCI spoke with***** today (I may not have spelled her name right) she was very encouraging about my chances of getting in, which will include alt #1 and #2! She made me feel very optimistic. Also to the girl who is alt #15, did you hear about this new program 1 and 1? If you were a high ranking alternate OCCC is working in collaboration with Moore Normans LPN program, if you enter the LPN program at Moore Norman, then the next Spring Traditional Pathway applications you are guaranteed to get in! I think thats a great deal if you are wanting to get started on something! I feel so much better about my chances as alt #3. Keeping my fingers crossed and preparing for the best!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Oct 17, '12 : Reason: name removed as per Terms of Service
- 1Oct 16, '12 by Leslye3404I emailed admissions today and asked what he thought my chances were and if I should do all my immunizations and he replied and said he thought my chances were very very high and to do the immunizations... Yes he put two verys ..which makes me feel very optomistic as well.. Soo I am going to stay positive too! I think we have a huge chance Katherine!
- 0Oct 17, '12 by AnicelyKatherine
I am the one that got in with Shelly in your Anatomy class. I know you will get in!!! I was wanting to start studying Anatomy with you and Shelly so we can get to know each other before nursing starts if you girls don't mind. I know we work in groups a lot and if we start now it would make it a little easier when we are overwelmed.
- 1Oct 21, '12 by liviah15Really? I got my first one done and was going back to get my second TB test Tuesday... It didn't say we had to wait until the last week of Nov. but to answer your question we have to have everything turned in on Nov 30 ( including background check, immunization, insurance payment, and CPR certification,
- 0Oct 22, '12 by Leslye3404Thank you! I called again today and the nursing division said that they want the last tb test done no more than 3 months before the program starts and that is prob why she said the end of November. So i think you getting it tuesday is fine. They just want it to last the whole year.sorry for confusing you. Idk it sucks being an alternate and not knowing for sure on anything.