OCCC BADNAP 2013 - Page 10Register Today!
- Apr 14 by JsampsMy name is Jake Simpson. If some of you want to add me as a friend on facebook, I'll start the group.
- Apr 17 by okstategirlJake, I looked for you but there are a bunch! Where are you from?
- Apr 17 by okstategirlAnd lord...im can whenever since im back from bahamas vaca! Just tell me when and where!
- Apr 18 by waskesiuIs anyone who is starting BADNAP this June getting financial aid? If so, has OCCC completed your financial award letter yet? I am still waiting and they have no time frame when they will have it complete.
Also, anyone who currently lives in OKC, can you recommend any apartment complexes and maybe which ones to avoid as well. Thanks, appreciate it!
- Apr 19 by hunger4justiceI am at OCCC now finishing myprerequisites (taking A&P, Dev Psych, Nutrition) so far getting As and want to apply to BADNAP in 2014. I would really love to talk to someone who went through BADNAP because everyone I have talked to so far that is in the traditional program says not to do it and that it is too difficult! Since this is a second career (but the one I really wanted all along) I do not have time to take 2 years if it is possible to do it in less time. Is anyone in BADNAP available to meet or speak on the phone? How do I contact you?
- Apr 19 by okstategirlWask- I am doing it and can I just say they are HORRRIBLE. i never did any financial aid while getting my bachelors!,Anways, I went up to the school on Wednesday and got my letter yesterday. They didnt offer me but one loan thats the amount of the program (keep in mind I have zero in loans currently) so I emailed and asked what I needed to do to get more BC I would like to be able to go part time or quit work and still eat and pay my mortgage. I dunno what I am gonna do! Any advice would be GREAT since ive never done this!
@hung- you may hit up the other bapnap forums (2012) we are the ones that will start the program in June!
- Apr 20 by waskesiuokstategirl,
Thanks for your reply. Well, at least I know it's not just me. I have been emailing and calling the financial aid office periodically the last few weeks, and they just keep telling me to keep checking back online and by phone. I would really like to know what financial aid I wll be offered, so I can start making plans and a budget, or to persue other funding options. I have used student financial aid (loans and grants) the last 2 years of my Bachelors degree and my previous school would have financial aid award letters completed months in advance. I am obviously a "bit" frustrated. I am out of state until the 2nd week of May, so I can't go to the office in person until then. So the only loan they offered you was for the calculated cost of the program? I would have figured they would a least offered you loans for the actual coast of attendance (http://www.occc.edu/financialaid/pdf/cost-to-attend.pdf), which if you are an independent adult student, can be up to $16,000, but may be different for the BADNAP COA. Anyways, I don't expect to be eligible for any grants, but would like to expect enough loans that I can pay tuition and to be able to live very modestly for the next year. Well, I think I will write another email and see what response I receive.
- Apr 24 by JsampsI live in the Village, Ok. my profile picture is me in a maroon jacket on the right and another guy.
- Apr 29 by lordizzy626@ hungerforjustice- Don't let people scare you into thinking the program isn't doable. I mean, this is no more difficult than people going to PA school or medical school. In fact, I would say that it is far less difficult due to the complexity and number of science courses you are taking each semester. I am not saying that this program will be easy, but I am saying that it DOES NOT stack up to taking 21 hours of classes like Neuroanatomy, Biochemistry, Clinical Medicine, ect. Those are all 5000 level science courses. My point is that people navigate PA school and med school all the time. If there is a will, there is a way! Devote yourself to this journey for the next 10 months and you will be fine!
- Apr 29 by lordizzy626May 16th we have an all day orientation. Maybe after we get to all meet each other, then we can get something set up to go get some food and/or drinks.