Anyone go to Rose St.? - page 2
by picurn10 2,215 Views | 16 Comments
I'm currently doing my LPN, but have my prereq's done and plan to bridge straight to RN in August. I applied at Rose St. last week and she "unofficially" told me I was in, but I also plan to apply to OCCC, OSU-OKC, and possibly... Read More
- 0May 11, '09 by happilymarriedI think they are adding another 10 to our class. We just got to pick our clinicals. The evening group is doing geri/psyc first 8 wks and ob/peds second 8 weeks. We could choose weekend or weekday evening clinicals. I chose weekday evenings. I work full time M-F 8-5 so doing weekend clinicals about killed me this semester. I didn't realize how going 7 days a week would be so hard for me.
- 0May 11, '09 by picurn10Awesome! I heard Geri/psyc is a good way to start as an LPN to RN because the OB rotation is pretty intense. I can't wait! I don't think we get to pick our clinical times until later on this summer, I'll have to go re-read my packet.
I'm so excited, but I have so many things to get done between now and then that I'm trying not to freak out.
- 0May 12, '09 by happilymarriedYeah, I have heard that OB/peds is really pretty intense... I was hoping to get it first 8 wks so I could get the hard part over with first but it didn't work out that way. But it is all good, 2 more semesters and we are finished!! I took the HESI yesterday and have my final today, wish me luck!! Summer can't get here fast enough!
- 0May 12, '09 by picurn10good luck!!!! I'm so jealous that you have a summer! I think I may have one week off between summer classes and the start of school, but I am going to enjoy that week!
Yeah, it's so exciting to think we're halfway to RN!
Do you mind if I ask what kind of work you did while in school? I'm so nervous that I won't be able to work as an LPN and do school (I'm a single mom). We had a clinical rotation at a rehab hospital and I'm thinking maybe something like that would work because it's slower paced.
- 0May 12, '09 by happilymarriedI am a receptionist in a non-medical field. I have 2 teenaged girls and I am married. I have great support from my husband and girls. I don't know how I could work full-time and do school full-time if I didn't.
I just got home from taking my final!!! I am SO relieved to be officially finished for the semester! HELLO SUMMER!!!!!!