Any other TCC'ers out here?Register Today!
- by mistiffy May 16, '08Just curious, are there any other Tulsa Community College nursing students on this site? If there is, how do you like the program and what level are u in? I just finished level one and I thought it was pretty good, I enjoyed myself most of the time anyway and felt like I learned a lot!
- Aug 7, '08 by honeydawn75I am going to apply this fall. I have a couple of questions for you. Do you know what the minimum score for the NET test is to get in? What is the average gpa of the students you are going to school with? I am worried about not getting in. I took the practice NET test and only made a 70 in the reading section. I am going to take the net test next week.Any advice or information that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
- Aug 9, '08 by mistiffyHi! As far as the NET goes, I was told they dont have a specific score they go for, but they were looking for composite scores at least at 75 or 76ish...if I remember correctly. Also, u should definitely get the ERI NET study guide, you can order it off their website, I read it cover to cover in like 2 days and let me tell you, it helped IMMENSELY. And my GPA was BARELY at the minimum requirement when I got into the program (I was an alternate & got called the day OF orientation, lol), but nevertheless I got in and I made it through the first semester! I would advise you to take as many of your pre-reqs as you can before u start the program and you'll also have to have ur CNA certification. Good luck! Just let me know if you have anymore questions! Hope this helps!
- Aug 9, '08 by LAURAASHLEY2006I am starting my pre-reqs at SE campus next week. I plan on applying to the spring 2010' program. The reason I am waiting so long is b.c i want to get all of my pre-reqs out of the way. I need to bring up my GPA alot.
- Aug 11, '08 by honeydawn75Are the classes hard. I have heard that TCC accepts about 90 students but by the last semester there are like 35 left. Do you know why? Are they quitting or flunking? I heard that the nursing classes were as hard as the science classes, but then I have also heard that they were easier. What was your first semester like?
- Aug 11, '08 by mistiffyWhen first semester began I think there was something like 95 students enrolled and by the end of the semester my CI told me that over 20 won't be returning for level 2, and she also told me that this past May's graduating class graduated about 50, but that's including the LPN's that were bridging to RN through TCC. I know some that quit and some that didn't make it through the semester, but are repeating this semester. I don't really like comparing it to the science classes I took because those were 99% memorization and I learned real quick that memorizing won't get you very far in NS. Don't let that scare you, though, you'll start learning how to think like a nurse once you're in NS! I didn't necessarily think it was hard either, just different. First semester focuses on the older adult and you do your clinicals in the nursing home, learn how to do care plans, head to toe assessments, etc. Let me know if you have any more questions!
- Oct 4, '08 by jsokmomI know this thread is somewhat old, but I just thought I'd interject myself here! My name is Jennifer and I've been going to TCC for the last year, just today I got my acceptance letter for the spring 09 semester!! I hope to be able to "talk" to some other TCC'rs out there!
- Oct 9, '08 by honeydawn75Congratulations! I just got my acceptance letter too. I will also be starting this spring. I am so excited, but nervous too. This semester I am taking Physiology, Microbiology, and Freshman Comp II. Are you still taking other classes too? I go to the Southeast Campus.
- Oct 9, '08 by jsokmomHi, it's great to meet you!!!! I admire you taking all three of those classes at once, you must have alot of guts! I took my CNA class this fall, and online I took a 4 week Fed Gov class that just ended yesterday; and today starts my 8 wk HIST class by telecourse.....that's it for this semester I still have to take Phy. and Micro, I guess I'll do the Phy next sememster and Micro either this summer or next fall.....
I have taken most my classes at Southeast campus since I live in BA, but obviously we'll both be at Metro next semester, huh? Congrats to you too Hope to hear more from ya :wink2:
- Oct 9, '08 by mistiffyCONGRATS TO YOU BOTH ON GETTING IN THE PROGRAM!!
and u will be on the southeast campus the first 2 semesters, then for level 3 & 4 u'll be on metro =-) Im excited to be at metro next semester too cuz it is so much closer to me!!! well, i wish u both the best, and Im halfway through level 2 now so let me know if u have any questions, id be more than happy to help if i can!!