Community health WITH Management???
- 0Mar 18, '12 by mtsteelhorseThe old doubling up debate is weighing heavy on me folks. Just trying to get a feel as to how these two classes might pair together. Anyone know how many credit hours the new combined classes will be? 416 and 445 become 4580 this fall. Couldn't find the information on that. I'm gathering that Family Nursing (330) is a bear...correct or not so bad? Thank you in advance!
- 578 Visits
- 0Mar 19, '12 by boyfactoryFor me the classwork was very reasonable. In fact, the last week the case study grade from week 4 is used (if I remember right). The thing that was a bear were the tests. You could read the book, cover to cover, and still not get the right answers. There were statistics that seemed completely plausible for all 4 options in multiple choice questions. There was no real way to prepare for the tests. They were curved, because they had to be. It was very difficult (read impossible) to get an A on them otherwise.
I enjoyed my case study, and I even read through the other case studies. Any group would have been interesting.
- 0I plan on taking Community and Management at the same time. We'll see how that goes. I thought Family Nursing wasn't too bad. The tests were pretty ridiculous, but like boyfactory stated, they curved them. The case studies were the most time consuming part of the class. If you get a good group that participates and is willing to use the discussion board then it makes it that much easier.
- 0As far as I know there isn't a group project in community. I was talking about Family Nursing (330). It really isn't a group project but they split up your section and assign a certain number of people per case study and encourage you to discuss it with your group. My group hardly ever posted anything on the discussion board.
Sorry for the confusion!
- 0Whew, thank you! So in Family does the group discussion count towards your grade? If I take 416 I will have to take 445 with Family this summer. Community and Family sound like a lot of work. Oh, what to do!!?????? I just want this behind me. I can take one class at a time and be done in Dec. I'm just ready to be done.
- 0My TA didn't require us to participate in our case study group discussion board, meaning we weren't being graded for posting on there. It was available for us to post questions or provide information but very few used it.
We had a few assignments for the class including the case study, the standard weekly discussion board posts, and two quizzes (which were ridiculous). I took it with NRSE 300, so it was my first "real" nursing course and I didn't think it was too bad.