OSUMC new grad residencyRegister Today!
- by notallwhowander Apr 30Anybody applied for the OSUMC new grad residency program for this year? Anybody hear anything yet? Just wanted to start a thread to see who else was out there.
- May 12 by HeartNursing3For those who graduated in December... they passed their boards in January/February and were hired to start in late April. It's a slow process. I don't think any of them heard anything until a month or more after passing their boards.
I was direct hired outside of the residency and then back doored into the residency which is how I started in February.
- May 28 by rortI applied to the OSUMC new grad residency program -- there were two applications, one general and one James (cancer hospital) specific. I applied to both in March, heard from a James recruiter in April, followed up in April and early May and just interviewed last week at the James. No word from any other areas yet. My interview was panel style with 6 OSU employees (HR, Nursing educators, floor managers). I am wondering who else is out there and how we should expect this process to proceed. Either way, you're not alone!
- Jun 1 by notallwhowanderHmmmm. I wonder if there's a way as new grads we can contact a nurse recruiter there to check on the status of our application/update our application when we get our license/etc. I'm getting a bit antsy now.
- Jun 3 by Slae24I applied to both of the internships. Never heard from the Medical Center program. Got an interview for the James in April and received notification that I got into the program in May. I start in the June class.
- Jun 7 by mlmilligan2013hi new to this, but i also have applied to the new grad program, work at OSU currently. I have not heard anything either my application says in review at this point. I have talked to many of the units about this because alot of them have been referring me to apply for the new grad residency. I have sent emails to the recruiter and left messages and have not recieved any response. a friend of mine did the same thing and she actually got through and spoke with her. she said that they are doing something different with the new grad thing where they are doing it more for med surg then anything else??? i tried contacting the recruiter on this and just haven't heard a thing back from here. i know it's a slow process, but i seriously have gotten advice from other nurses there that have told me to look outside of there because it's getting crazy hard to get in there if you aren't completely up to there expectations especially having a BSN and even some of the people i know that have BSN went to OSU nursing school have worked in the hospital system promised jobs before they graduated are now jobless. it's just brutal right now. i know a lot of people don't like mt carmel and they are having budget cuts but they too have a new grad program as well. i just applied to it the other day. crossing fingers on something to happen.