MCCN SDAP Interview - page 2
by MissPickleJean 2,604 Views | 18 Comments
Has anyone interviewed for the Mount Carmel College of Nursing Second Degree Accelerated Program (MCCN SDAP) in Columbus, OH? I would like to start preparing in case I am asked to interview. What kinds of questions do they ask?... Read More
- 0Feb 28, '13 by MissPickleJeanIf you get wait listed and then they let you in, do you still start in January? Just wondering b/c I am taking my pre-reqs but CSCC won't take my Chem and Bio 100 from HS b/c I took them more than 3 years ago so I have to test out of them - yikes! If I get a C on the placement test for both I can continue to take my pre-reqs, 2 this summer as 2 in the fall.
Again, so glad you got in and thanks for the help! It's much appreciated.
- 0Feb 28, '13 by rk256103MissPickleJean, I am taking the CHEM test hoping to test out as well. REALLY don't want to have to take any classes I don't have to!!
I graduated more than 5 years ago, but I am able to get into Micro, Anatomy and Physiology because luckily took basic BIO in college.
I am planning on taking it sometime next month so I can register for summer classes based on whether or not I pass.
If I take it before you I will let you know and give you any advice I can!!
Are you in any classes right now?? I am in Micro and Nutrition, next quarter I plan on taking Anatomy and either Organic Chem or basic Chem based on how I do.
- 0Mar 15, '13 by jamisaurusMy friend found out TWO WEEKS before the program started that she got in. So yes you'll start in january with everyone else. Another friend found out the same time for last years program. Since she couldnt up and quit her job she deferred to the next year. I can't tell you enough to continue with your pre Reqs!!!
- 0Aug 5, '13 by kmzowuI'm in the program currently. You can get white scrub pants, all-white shoes, stethoscope, and penlight for now. You will eventually need a uniform top through the school, but you won't need it right away and you might even be able to get a hand-me-down from one of us at that point. My best advice for saving money is DONT BUY TEXTBOOKS! All the books you need are on closed reserve in the library and I honestly wouldn't have cracked my books if I had got them (just an fyi). Also, if it isn't too late, take more pre-reqs! If you can take research, ethics, pharmacology, or pathophysiology then do so. It will save you money, time, and stress if you do. Also, congrats on getting in! I remember being in your position last year --- now I'm over halfway through!
- 0Apr 23 by lbaker0918hi everyone,
im in the process of applying for the second degree program. I'm nervous I wont get in since I got a 2.8 undergrad. They said I could still apply. What do you all think? Also nervous about the time commitment. Also, can i take the nursing classes at a community college (CS) so they're cheaper? Thanks!