CSCC - Starting March 2011 - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 4, '11 by foreverLaurJust an update... my manual fingerprints I mailed off came back from the BCI yesterday unreadable. I went and did them again on the glass with Cornhuskers lotion and still had no succcess. We mailed off another set, but the BCI office said it will take 6 weeks again. I spoke with the nursing department as I'm rather upset since I started this process in early December when we first got the info. It isn't my fault the glass can't read my fingerprints and my manual ones cant' be read either. I did everything I was supposed to. Why doesn't the nursing dept let us start this process in October when we get our acceptance letters?!
It looks like I am going to have to withdraw and petition to start the program in September on a space available basis
- Mar 4, '11 by shortnorthstudentOh no. Can you go and talk to security and see if perhaps they have other ideas on ways to get the glass to take your prints? There's gotta be someone there who is best at getting people positioned and such to get them readable. Maybe there's a way to put a rush on the prints from BCI?
- Mar 9, '11 by shortnorthstudentCongrats ForeverLaur. I was reading the OSU thread and saw that you must have worked everything out with your background check. I bet that's a big relief. Did I see there that you were able to switch to the online program also? That's great.
- Mar 14, '11 by foreverLaurI haven't officially switched - I am not able to yet. However I did speak with my advisor and she said it shouldn't be a problem. And I did get word on Friday, the 11th, that my background check had officially come back and everything was good to go. We got fingerprints a week ago to go through (at the police headquarters) but they couldn't guarantee them since they only got 3/4 of the prints to be of "good quality."
What a big sigh of relief!! I picked up my uniform last Friday and now I am just waiting on textbooks to come in!
Does anyone have suggestions on where to find white shoes for clinical?
- Mar 14, '11 by ScottE,RNI got white shoes from Amazon.com
New Balance walking shoes.
- Mar 24, '11 by foreverLaurThanks ScottE - shoes purchased
- Mar 26, '11 by foreverLaurAny suggestions for a drug handbook/reference? There are so many options...
- Mar 26, '11 by ScottE,RNI have the Mosby's Drug guide and also have "Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011" to carry around at clinical.
- Mar 26, '11 by shortnorthstudentYou won't need one first quarter. There are several good apps. Some are free, but be sure that they have a section on nursing implications. Mosby, Lippincott, Davis - they all have good ones.
- Nov 18, '12 by inchwormszHi All. I have some questions about the CSCC nursing program [adn]. I am planning on applying this April. It is now November 2012 and I am planning to take my NURCs from January-March. I am hoping for the traditional program and my fiance is leading toward online. We both have BS's from OSU. I was wondering if you had any idea what the recruiters look for primariliy. We want to set ourselves apart but we're sort of at a loss. I've been reading a lot of forum posts on here and I'm starting to get discouraged. I keep hearing about a waitlist, but nowhere on CSCC's site does it talk about a waitlist? What did you all do to set yourselves apart? How long did it take to get in, what classes had you completed before? Does anyone know the acceptance rate? I'm just dying to know answers to so many questions [and advisor's seem to be no help/aggrivated with questions.] Help me!!!