Pregancy post tubal ligationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Pregancy post tubal ligation in Ob/Gyn Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Have any of you OB or L&D nurses had patients pregnant after tubal ligation? I ask because I took...by Mom To 4 Mar 9Have any of you OB or L&D nurses had patients pregnant after tubal ligation? I ask because I took care of a patient that had a tubal ligation in 2003 post c-section and just found out she is pregnant. Her youngest child is 10. I hope that is an uncommon occurrence. I would have fainted!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=820485©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,263 Views
- Mar 10 by Bama RNI've not had any patients with pregnancies after snip and rivals, but I've had 2 patients that ended pregnant within 6 months of having their tubes clamped with the Filshie clips. O.o
- Mar 10 by Bama RN*tie not rivals...stupid phone!
- Mar 10 by imintroubleMy brother and sister-in-law were blessed with twins post tubal. About 10 yrs post.
My sister-in-law was frequently mistaken for the kids' grandmother. Used to make her so mad.
- Mar 11 by AlikatzThere was a patient that had her tubal ligation (cauterization) right before that certain method (something else was done too) was stopped and basically "taken off market" and ended up pregnant. Between her and her husband they had 7 at home and this would make 8, she was irate!
- Mar 11 by dariahI used to work in IVF, and we got a fair amount of women pregnant post BTL.
- Apr 12 by LovecnmnpIt certainly should't be something that is a common occurrence, but I've encountered about 4 pregnancies post tubal over the past year. Some of them had it done over 7 years ago and the others were 1-2 years post tubal. I just can't imagine thinking I was "safe" and end up having that happen.