Interview Preparation for Qualified Nurses - page 4
by XB9S 147,017 Views | 103 Comments Guide
One of the questions I am most frequently asked is how do I prepare for an interview, and over the years of both being interviewed and interviewing I have built up a stock pile of questions and interview tips. There are many... Read More
- 0Mar 10, '11 by XB9S GuideMatt is this a band 6 deputy ward manager,
The presentation should focus on the key drivers within you area at the moment. Try to demonstrate an awareness of current issues and the impact they have on practice. Also what targets or drives are being pushed. This could be anything from protected mealtimes, hand hygiene and reduction of hospital acquirred infections to meeting the strict financial constraints whist still delivering high quality care.
Think about human resource issues, do you have high sickness levels that you can be supporting the manager with or maybe providing strong clinical leadership and a good role model to support improvements in practice.
For more specific advice if you could let me know What ideas do you have for your area it'll help focus what you need for the presentation
- 0Mar 10, '11 by matt765thx for the reply
yes it is deputy wardmanger.
thx for the advise - i have a brain block at present.
Take charge of the ward in his or her absence
will talk abit about clinical gorvernace
it is about ten mins presentation.
Do you think i should also talk on how i will support the junior staff?
- 0Mar 10, '11 by XB9S GuideYes Definately support juniors very important part of your role, looking at the wider picture what's going on from ward, lOcal organisation to regional levels and what you can do to support your manager to achieve the increasing demands
Yes its about taking charge in absence but it's also acting as a strong clinical leader all of the time.
- 0Apr 4, '11 by elizabeth2809Hi
I am a mental health nurse and have a band 6 interview coming up. I had a band 6 interview last year which I'd prepared for really well but my nerves got the better of me and I rushed it. My feedback was that although I knew about the policies, initiatives and about leadership issues I did not give enough examples of how I am currently meeting these.
Do you know of any questions linked specifically for mental health nursing. Also, do you have any tips about interview nerves? I got a rash across my chest it was embarrassing and I just wanted the interview to be over!
I know I'm ready for the job I just don't want to miss out due to nerves.
Thanks for your help
- 0Aug 21, '11 by XB9S GuideQuote from acsjrusHi there, if this is for a team leader type post then your key priorities are going to be driving standards of care, improving quality and promoting evidence based practice. Think about things like audit, evidence based practice, what are the priorities from your organisation nursing leadership, ours are infection control, basic standards of care that type of thingHi, I have a band 6 interview coming up soon and I need to do presentation for 10 minutes. I need a help with my presentation please, my topic is "What are the key priorities for a band 6 in critical care?" can someone help please...
Think about your leadership style and how you motivate and drive your colleagues
- 0Oct 27, '11 by acsjrusI need a help with my 10 minute presentation for band 6 post. My topic is "You will be expected to work in a supportive role to the Band 7 Ward manager, whilst also acting as a Clinical lead to the ward staff. How can you as a Junior Sister support & facilitate improve practice at ward level to meet current & emerging work demands & service improvements" Can anyone help me with some ideas please. Thank you.
- 0Oct 28, '11 by XB9S GuideQuote from acsjrusI need a help with my 10 minute presentation for band 6 post. My topic is "You will be expected to work in a supportive role to the Band 7 Ward manager, whilst also acting as a Clinical lead to the ward staff. How can you as a Junior Sister support & facilitate improve practice at ward level to meet current & emerging work demands & service improvements" Can anyone help me with some ideas please. Thank you.
Think about leadership styles, and how you could lead and transform care. Motivate staff in difficult and challenging times.
What type of leader are you, what is important to your unit.
Structure it around a quality and safety so reponding to incidents, complaints. Monitoring standards and quality indicators to help identify areas for improvement. Things like infection rates, pressure areas, infection control audits complaints.
- 0Nov 18, '11 by vye100Hi I hope you can help I am a band 6 in a private mental health hospital applying for a band 6 in the NHS. I am rather not very clued on the current drives or targets in the NHS. What would I need to research on to prepare for the interview please. What could i do to gain that much advantage over other potential NHS interviewees??
- 0Dec 9, '11 by chzzaHi, I have an interview for a band 6 next week and have to do a presentation. My title is Under the current financial restraints for the NHS what challenges do band 6's face in maintaining and delivering quality health care. I'm really not sure how to approach it I don't know what they will be expecting. I'd really appreciate your advice.