Pharmacology FlashcardsRegister Today!
- by ♪♫ in my ♥ Jul 24, '11Greetings.
Attached are 12 Word documents which I made when I took pharmacology. All the information was based on the ATI study guide since that constituted the final exam in our class.
They are formatted as 3x5 cards and were printed on individual 3x5 cards.
Have at 'em if you think they'll help... they certainly worked for me.
Again, they are entirely my own creation based on the information out of the ATI book. I make no promises as to their accuracy (though I rocked pharm so they couldn't be too bad).
Feedback is welcome.
- Jul 25, '11 by SNSWTRThanks for generously sharing your work! Done with pharmacology (thank goodness), but they'll come in handy for a pharm review, which I've been wanting to do. They look great, but some cards have hole-punch circles over words. Easy to address and no biggie in light of all the time and $ saved. Thank you thank you thank you!
- Jul 25, '11 by szeles23Thanks! I have pharm next semester I think. These will come in handy
- Jul 25, '11 by ♪♫ in my ♥Quote from SNSWTRYou're quite welcome.Thanks for generously sharing your work! Done with pharmacology (thank goodness), but they'll come in handy for a pharm review, which I've been wanting to do. They look great, but some cards have hole-punch circles over words. Easy to address and no biggie in light of all the time and $ saved. Thank you thank you thank you!
I added the light circle to the template in order to help align the words outside of the hole-punch (I have 'em on rings, by group). The circle should be light enough not to show dramatically when printed. It does, though, indicate that the alignment might've become a little messed up. I'm not sure if it's variable based on individual versions of Word or OO, or if it might be due to the specific settings in my "normal" template.
For anybody who's not sure how to deal with this issue, probably the simplest is to adjust the margins by a little bit... be careful, though, because some of the cards become very dense with information and I've used up all the room I could. Also, it was a progressive project for me so the later packs may be a little better than the earlier ones as far as alignment goes.
I was in the process of writing some VBA code to let the files work as electronic flash cards but - thankfully - I passed the NCLEX and got hired before it was done.
- Jul 25, '11 by wink4cloverAwesome - this will come in handy for my pharmacology class. Thanks so much for sharing.
- Jul 25, '11 by SNSWTRQuote from SNSWTRI'd like to retract this statement. The hole-punches shifted right after I narrowed the print margins to ensure everything on the cards would print (which was odd). The OP did a great job. No need for adjustments...just print away....but some cards have hole-punch circles over words
- Jul 25, '11 by ♪♫ in my ♥Quote from SNSWTRThat may be part of the complication... I had them set to print Landscape on cards that were 5" wide by 3" high... and that setting was in Word... you have to "ignore" that the margins are outside of the printing area (at least on my printer) because they're set to 0.3 on the top and 0 elsewhere... there was a bit of trimming that happened but it was minimal... it may take a couple of tries to figure out the correct printer setting to get them to print correctly.I'd like to retract this statement. The hole-punches shifted right after I narrowed the print margins to ensure everything on the cards would print (which was odd). The OP did a great job. No need for adjustments...just print away....
For sure, don't just print the entire set until you get the printer settings all figured out... it wasn't a big deal but did take just a bit of massaging.
Also, as I recall, I first printed the odd pages and then reloaded the cards to print the even pages in order to end up with two-sided cards...
- Jul 26, '11 by jenn2315Thank you soooo much! I am reviewing pharm during the summer trying to get ready for my final semester. These are awesome!!!
- Aug 4, '11 by Lilnurse0803Thank you so much, ♪♫ in my ♥
I am taking a Pharmacotherapeutic course soon and definitely need a review/study aid that I can use to brush up before the course starts; this works very well!