list of drugs with a narrow therapeutic rangeRegister Today!
- by maryjane01 Apr 1I'm writing a paper and I wanted to cite a number of drugs that have a narrow therapeutic range. One example is Lithium.
Do you know of others?
Thank you for any help you can offer!
- Apr 1 by CodeteamBWarfarin, digoxin and carbamazepine all spring to mind
- Apr 1 by suga_junkieA couple of antibiotics such as Gentamicin and Vancomycin
- Apr 1 by truckinusaLithium?
- Apr 2 by Esme12We are happy to help with homework and you have been nicely given answers.........These drugs are called NTI drugs.The FDA defines narrow therapeutic range (NTR) drug products as “containing certain drug substances subject to therapeutic drug concentration or pharmacodynamic monitoring, and/or where product labeling indicates a narrow therapeutic range designation.”1 Other terms used to describe NTR drugs are narrow therapeutic index (NTI) and critical-dose drugs. This article will examine what is considered an NTI drug, various laws related to NTI drugs, and position statements of national associations
I hope this helps