I am a first semester ADN student with an assignment to interview an RN. I do not know any, so if anyone is willing to help it will be great appreciated.
There are specific questions that you can either post an answer to or PM me the responses. Here are the questions:
1. Identify the credentials of the person you are interviewing.
2. Identify the number of years of practice and all settings in which the nurse has worked.
3. Types of education (both formal and informal).
4. Type of agency/setting currently working. Describe the services and the clients/patients served.
5. Describe the activities, responsibilities and functions of the nurse. (What is a description of a normal work day).
6. Discuss how the nurse organizes his/her time to provide care for his/her patients.
7. Discuss the legal/accountability aspects of the nurse's job.
8. Discuss how the nurse manages multiple roles of family, professional, and social life.
9. What does the nurse like best about nursing? What does the nurse like least?
10. What are the nurse's opinions about nursing a a future career?
11. What are the recommendations does the nurse have for students?
I know this is asking a lot, and I want to thank you in advance for your time.