first you need to inform youself about these disabilities. there is a great deal of information on the web. here are some links for you to explore:
- seeing, hearing and smelling the world - short tutorial on these three senses
on visual impairment and blindness
- information on the difference between visual impairment, visual disability and legal blindness
- home page of the national eye institute to go for information on eye diseases on vision information.
- home page of the american foundation for the blind
- the foundation fighting blindness
- patient oriented "slide show: vision problems as you age"
on hearing and deafness
- links to outlines of information on various kinds of hearing loss and their diagnosis by physians
- interactive tutorial from medline plus on deafness
- home page of the national institute on deafness and other communication disorders
- information for patients on hearing loss from the mayo clinic
- suggest you also check out the many links related to deafness at this medline plus site to find something that is of interest or specific to what you are wanting to report on.