Abdominal assessment?Register Today!
- by CrystalClear75 Jul 6, '08Is it inspection, auscultation, percussion, palpation? If not what is it? Thanks!
- Jul 6, '08 by nurz2beYes you have the order correct. We don't want to falsely disturb the actual pattern of the bowel, so we inspect, auscultate, percuss, palpate!
- Jul 6, '08 by Daytoniteyes, that is the correct order of examination for the abdomen:
- auscultation - doing percussion and palpation first will cause an increase of the bowel sounds
http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/medicine/pulmonar/pd/contents.htm - screening physical exam; click on the various components under "abdomen" to see pictures and descriptions of the techniques for examining and assessing the abdomen.
other assessment weblinks, including videos, can also be found on this sticky thread:
- http://allnurses.com/forums/f205/health-assessment-resources-techniques-forms-145091.html- health assessment resources, techniques, and forms
- Jul 7, '08 by bsugar888Oh do I remember this from 1st semester....yes that is correct.