Stupid socks....which to wear or not to wear for beginner nursing student????Register Today!
- by 2015RN2b Nov 27, '12I don't know why this is consuming me but wondering if anyone can help. I've seen mixed posts about compression socks for beginner nursing students. Are these helpful or a waste of money. I have been pricing them on many sites and they range any where from $6-$15 ea. Ridiculous!!! Help and advise are both requested and welcomed. Gracias.
- Nov 27, '12 by DoeRNI've worn compression socks since I started in patient care. I can tell a huge difference if I don't wear them to work.
- Nov 27, '12 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to Nursing/Scrubs/Uniforms Forum.
Compression socks/stockings help prevent swelling and fatigue of the lower extremities; which is rather beneficial in a profession where much of your time is spent standing/walking/running around. In my opinion, the benefits greatly outweigh the cost.
- Nov 27, '12 by Alma 3323I love mine. My Walmart has some for $6 for 2 pair(near the pharmacy). They aren't as good of quality as the expensive ones but they are good enough. Not all Walmarts have them though. They really make a difference. Measure your calf and foot sizes. If you have big feet just buy mens size Medium.
- Nov 28, '12 by 2015RN2bThank you all for your quick responses. I am just going to suck it up and purchase a couple decent pairs from Life Uniform. Unfortunately the Walmart has very bulky ones.
- Dec 12, '12 by 2015RN2bI purchased 2 2-packs at Life Uniform. They were a little pricey but I am hoping they were worth it. I will let you know in February/March.