Cleaning my LittmannRegister Today!
- by Owloveyou Mar 22, '12I've just advised someone not to buy the breast cancer edition Littmann because once something gets on it (pen) it doesn't come off. I've had it now for over 6 years and various substances have stained it all over. I've tried different agents... alcohol, windex, goo gone... and nothing has made an impact. While it makes me look "aged" I don't like it. Anyone have any advice on how to remove ink from the tubing?
"AGED"- I'm 28, been a nurse for 6 years, and I often get asked if i'm "with the high school" on a DAILY basis, and i'm a home health nurse!
- Mar 22, '12 by Staragatelemon juice didn't work? rubbing alcohol didn't? bleach just ate up your jeans? randomchemx just destroyed the surface of the ball?
clean & clear continuous control acne cleanser, which has 10% of the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide (that's the important part, other acne cleansers have the acid that is used for wart removal...) has -entirely- removed a vicious stain from my white sil-x!
i don't know of the affect it would have on a colored ball... buuuuut, here's the process:
apply thick goopiness to stain, set next to a lightbulb (about an inch away) and let it sit for several hours. remove ball and wash off goopiness. stain will be reduced and/or gone. if reduced, repeat!
i'm really excited about this, i'm going to use it on a juggling ball i left sitting on a receipt as well.
- Mar 22, '12 by OwloveyouI will give it a shot, thanks! Who would have thought, juggling balls!
Love the Owl!
- Mar 22, '12 by StaragateThanks. I'm a nature buff. ...and I contact juggle. Here's the website in case you are curious. http://www.contactjuggling.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
The video says it all.
- Mar 22, '12 by LemonIndiscretionI have the breast cancer edition too and mine looks GROSS!!! I feel like it makes me look like a dirty pig every time I use it. I'll have to try this!
- Mar 22, '12 by OwloveyouHa, nice to know i'm not the only one. Do all of the lighter colors do this? I was hoping I wasn't the only "slob" haha.
- Mar 24, '12 by Staragate...Did you have a chance to try it yet? I'm really curious.
- Mar 24, '12 by OwloveyouI haven't but I will! I'm on day 6 of a 12 day stretch and the thought of going into Wal-mart makes me want to cry at this time.
- Mar 27, '12 by OwloveyouThose are very neat, but we are not allowed to use them, as they can't be as easily cleaned as the tubing.