New RN Grad needing resume advice for CNA positions
- 0Sep 12, '12 by sanaalamI really would like to work as a CNA or PCA to build experience as a new grad nurse. I am not sure how to tailor my RN resume for CNA positions.
I see that some CNA positions will take nursing students who have done a certain amount of clinical rotations. I am an RN but I'm still pursuing my Masters in Nursing from a Masters Entry Level Program. I have completed my pre-licensure portion and received my RN license. Here are some of my specific questions:
- Should I include that I am an RN in my objective?
- Will saying I am a master nursing student complicate things more? make me over qualified?
- Should I include my RN License, ACLS, and PALS certifications?
- Should my skills section include my CNA abilities only? or should I add my RN level skills?
- 0Sep 12, '12 by sanaalamI actually have a RN friend in San Jose, CA who worked as CNA at hospital for 4 months and was able to get a RN new grad position as an internal resident.
There is also another thread I'd recommend to you about the details of RNs applying to CNAs - what I understood from this thread it depends on the state you live in. http://allnurses.com/retired-nurses-...rk-531915.html