Puerto Rico school feedback? - page 129
Anyone out there have info on the school in Arecibo, PR? It is a 24 month program that begins in August. I'd love to hear anything, thanks. zzzzzgirl... Read More
- 0Apr 17, '12 by Jen_Jen88Nursekeke I was initially going to start at la inter but then began reading some not so good things about it on here so I found a post about umet. Last year I made a trip here in May and visited both schools and I liked umet much more than la inter. Just my opinion. None of my classes have been cancelled and probably won't because the group I started with was about seven people and we've met some from the Spanish program along the way. Clinicals so far have been in the VA and are amazing! Plus we get a review for the nclex in our last semester which is a class offered by the school and the professor has a 95% pass rate
- 0Apr 18, '12 by tmp25, BSNQuote from laleoganaiseYes, I was able to see the link Thank you again, and yay for keeping in touch! lolNo problem tmp25! Were you able to see the link because it was deleted. If not it's called airbnb. It has a wide range of places to choose from. I'm trying to visit the school in May as well. Will definitely keep in touch.
- 0Apr 19, '12 by FutureNurseLizSorry KeKe, but for some reason this thread keeps going to my spam folder. So the only way I know what's going on is when I perodically check it! Have to fix that! Any who
Tmp pretty much said it in a nutshell about Umet!Tmp I don't know if this has been mention, because as I stated earlier I haven't been getting posts related to this thread . Why not go directly to the source and use clasificadosonline.com they have a section devoted to vacation rentals in PR!
Hihopes, I love the username by the way ; ) ! I have an A.A degree and have completed all the nursing prereqs. My only concern is that I may not be able to do the accelerated program do to me not having a Bachelor's degree. Although, I do remember someone on here saying it is possible but it's like pulling teeth. So I'll see when I get there.
laleoganaise, I couldn't agree with you more about feeling compelled to apply to both, because I too have been accepted at umet but still feel the urge to apply at La inter when I return in May!Last edit by FutureNurseLiz on Apr 19, '12
- 0Apr 19, '12 by laleoganaiseFutureNurseLiz I have to check the thread daily to get updates. I wonder if it keeps going to my spam folder as well!! Any who, I had good vibes from UMET but my curious side keeps nagging me to apply to LaInter as well. I'll make my final decision when I visit in May. What do I have to lose...right?
Would love to meet with you & Tmp25 in May if possible or anyone else who might be visiting the schools in May? When will the two of you be there? I haven't purchased my ticket yet...will do so this week...I've been procrastinating!
Nursekeke: you are absolutely right...it's exciting and scary at the same time.
- 0Apr 19, '12 by hihopes22Thanks Liz!! From what I remember, if you have all of the general ed courses done, or most of them except for like a few credits, they allow you to start the accelerated program at Inter. I am not sure how difficult it would be. I was supposed to head out there today, but decided to get some other things done. I will be there tomorrow. I will try to remember to ask about that for you. At Umet they would do the same as long as you have the general ed done. But the program is not accelerated so there aren't two different program schedules. Well technically neither is the program at inter, but you have the opt out option for ADN after 11 months or BSN after 22 months. I guess that's a bit accelerated...lol
Tmp, you're coming to have fun first! haha Weekend start trip. lol If you go to the beach, go to Isla Verde! Super bright water!
I will be around and helping tmp with where to go on campus and what to do. I am familiar with both campuses. If we are all here at the same time, it would be great to meet potential classmates!Last edit by hihopes22 on Apr 19, '12 : Reason: typo
- 0Apr 19, '12 by FutureNurseLizOk Hihopes, thanks in advance! I would greatly appreciate it if you could find out for sure!Tmp, Hihopes and Laleoganaise , I will be there May 13-16. So if you guys get together do tell! Let me know and as previously stated we could get to know our potential classmates!
- 0Apr 20, '12 by WorldTravelingYogiQuote from feetinthedirtkelly there are very few people and i think all of them were able to get certain exceptions and the there is new nursing administration and they are buckling down on all the loop holes. so i don't think it is a good idea to start in nov as it will probably end up taking a full two years.hey worldtravelingyogi,
thanks for your reply. i am going to go speak with the assistant director or director once more on monday before i fly home. she didn't seem very excited about me wanting to change my start date, so i think it will take some convincing. do you think you could pass along my info to one of those people doing the accelerated-november start date combo? firstname.lastname@example.org or--if you know--if i do it this way, will i be taking classes straight through, or will i have the next summer off? will i be taking a heavier courseload each trimester? i am really trying to get all my ducks in a row before i leave. thanks so much for all your help. and if you are around campus on monday, let me know!
ps i will be camping down in the southwest for the next few days and don't have guaranteed computer access, but will try when i can!
like this nov there were only 2 people and it turns out that they decided to stop at the adn.