Umass boston rn-bsn online program - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 28, '12 by Nurse, RNI am in the RN to BSN online program at Anna Maria College. Much better program than UMASS Boston. They take you through every step of the process. Professors are great and you actually get to speak to someone if you call the school. Unlike UMASS Boston, I tried reaching the Nursing Dept. for 3 months and never a call back. No thanks, I do not want to go to a school that cannot even call back. I can't even imagine how their BSN program is run, and I would never want to find out. Anna Maria online RN to BSN Program is the best.
- Nov 15, '12 by colleenk63it's not as great as it sounds.. they have changed faculty numerous times! and have also changed the way they run the program.
- Nov 15, '12 by colleenk63Your absolutely right!!
- Dec 13, '12 by Not_A_Hat_PersonI'm thinking of applying to the UMass Boston RN-BSN program. Have they really stopped taking out-of-state students? I live in Vermont, but I have a BA from UMass Boston, and got my ADN at Bunker Hill. It would be slightly cheaper for me to attend as an out-of-state student than to attend UVM as an in-state student.
My only real concern (aside from being an out-of-state student) is the 4th semester practicum. Do you have to find your own preceptor? Is it possible to do the practicum weekends? I work full-time, but the website only said it had to be in Massachusetts. I'm 3 hours from Boston, Greenfield, or North Adams.Last edit by Not_A_Hat_Person on Dec 13, '12 : Reason: clarity
- Dec 13, '12 by Not_A_Hat_PersonQuote from geminiRNCI have a previous degree from UMass Boston, and the bolded part doesn't surprise me. Apparently, not much has changed since I graduated (2004).Not sure where you're from...but...I applied to Umass Boston in Feb 2012....I've been patiently waiting for my response and finally called undergraduate admissions when my application changed from "complete" to "incomplete." When I spoke to someone they informed me that they are no longer accepting students from out of state for this program. I am from Virginia. No call, no application refund, no letter, no change to their requirements on their website--very unprofessional--and I told her so. Still, this was very discouraging. They seem to have a great program. Just wanted to let you know. I