Texas LVN-RN Online - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 14, '11 by SETXLVNLamar University in Beaumont, TX has a LVN to ADN program(don't know if it's offered online too). Lamar State College-Orange does as well but they have an online class that can be applied for in March. The only problem is they only accept a certain number of students. I am not sure about Lamar State College-Port Arthur having an online option. I attended LSC-O for my LVN and absolutely LOVE it but due to another child I am having a problem completing pre-reqs to apply hence my interest in Excelsior.
- Jun 14, '11 by arlel58Yes, Lamar Port Arthur has LVN to RN Mobility Program on line Ill be starting the program by september, so excited about it.
- Jun 14, '11 by arlel58Challenge tests are taken thought NLN per test is $75 if u wana take your nsg. program through ASU. Right now the hospital where I am working Methodist partnered with lamar state college port arthur as well. we wll be starting the program by september 19. 15 months periods $5100 plus for the whole program. Were so excited about it. Good luck to all the lvn's of methodist who will be in this journey.If you co lvn's are intestested in thesame program check out their website. There was already one lvn who finished the program graduated last May 21 and she has good input about the program. Her academic coaches were nice to her. Clinicals will be done locally. Your employer should partner with lamar state college so u can do your clinicals in your own place of employment. Good luck to all...
- Jun 15, '11 by p3 momThere is a completely online program through Lamar State - Port Arthur
They allow you to do your clinicals at an approved site locally for you. I am looking into it now. I have a co-worker that is about to being the program in Sept.
Hope this helps!
- Jun 19, '11 by arlel58I mentioned in my previous blog about Angelo State University about the NLN challenge tests OB, Peds n Mental Health. I changed on line school. The hospital where I am emplyed partnered with Lamar State College Port Arthur. The have online mobility LVN to RN for 15 mos. The cost is $5100 plus the next class starts on September 19. So to my co LVN's check their website now. I am hoping to be in the program by September. I am taking Nutrition this summer,wxpecting to be in the program by Sept.19. Good luck to all.
- Jul 5, '11 by arlel58I change school from Angelo to Lamar State College Port Arthur, TX 15 mos. for $5100 plus clinicals done locally. Check their website, Im starting the program Sept. 19.
- Oct 21, '11 by babysnowbirddo u know if working hours count for clinicals? or do u have to work on time off for clinical hours?
- Oct 26, '11 by arlel58You need to be going for clinicals outside your work schedule. Basically you are off from your regular job and work on thesame time schedule with your preceptor basically.
- Apr 22, '12 by NurseLT07Did you complete San Angelos program? I was looking into it, and when I called the school i was told that in the DFW area there are no cooperating schools unless you already work for them. and in DFW VERY few LVNs work in Hospitals.
- Aug 27, '12 by arlel58No, it doesnt count. U need to be doing clinical days when your're off work.