Straighterline A&P with LabRegister Today!
- by Theone40 Apr 3, '12Just finished A&P 1 and 2 with straighterline and loved it . Only problem i had was the 2 labs were 500 bucks. So i did a little research and paid 180 for both. If you search online for home science kits you can get exactly the same things that are in the kits for less than what sciencelabs charges.
I got everything from http://www.hometrainingtools.com
- Apr 4, '12 by TxffmedicGreat two hear. I just completed info. Lit. I was going through straighterlines website, I will be starting A&P 1, when I came across your post. Did you buy a specific kit or did you have to piece it together?
- Apr 4, '12 by Theone40I bought 90% from home trainingtools.com the rest i got from the grocery store or ebay........if you decided not to go this route just let me know what you need and i can tell you what i did or sent it ...i have some extra items...
- May 14, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeHi lvnrnmd2be,
Great info on the labs. Too late here, I already ordered and completed A and P I, I am now on A and P II.
My question to you is this. Did you experience an extreme lag time on the exams?
In other words, The timer keeps running and you are still waiting for the next questions to generate on blackboard?
I find this super frustrating and wonder if you had the same problems with the timer and exam lag time between questions.
Thanks for any input
- May 14, '12 by Theone40i wouldn't say extreme but i do remember having to click the next arrow maybe 2 or 3 times.....to go to the next question....also noted this happing in other straigherline classes
- May 14, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeI think we found the prob. I'm on a MacBook and Firefox seemed to be the problem. I Tried an exam on safari and it was fast and doable. I never even tried safari before, because of the videos plus I thought, pics would not appear. Well it worked today, so live and learn:-)Thanks for the feedback:-)Last edit by LVN/RNBridge on May 31, '12
- Aug 7, '12 by pearl77what type of questions do they ask in the labs?
- Feb 1 by cvallaHi lvnrnmd2be,
Awesome work for finding all the supplies for less! Is there any way you can kindly post the list of supplies you purchased from that website? The lab kit is very expensive (and more than I can afford right now) and I really need to complete these prereqs soon, but I noticed you purchased both for less than $200.00 from that website. I saw the picture of the Straighterline lab kit, but couldn't make out the solutions in the bottles or even what three organs near the fetal pig are. I am forever greatful if you can help me.
- Feb 1 by Theone40escience lab used to have a detailed list of everything in the box, but after I posted this they removed it. Also I deleted my starighterline stuff( so I don't have the list anymore) . I was able to go to www.hometrainingtools.com and look up my invoice. Here is everything I bought for ant/psyio with straighterline. when I was done I had a lot of stuff I did not use and extras....but it still cost me only 200 way less then esciencelab. You can also purchase the class and go into each lab and see what is required (make a list) or compare to what I ordered. Your Order:
Description Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Status Unit Price Total Item #BE-GLUTES
Glucose test strips, 10 pack
1 $3.00 $3.00 Item #BE-OSIMET
1 $6.95 $6.95 Item #BE-PETRI20
Petri dishes, plastic, 20/pk
1 $5.95 $5.95 Item #CE-BEI0100
Beaker, glass, 100 ml
1 $2.50 $2.50 Item #CE-BEI0250
Beaker, glass, 250 ml
1 $2.95 $2.95 Item #CE-CYGL100
Graduated cylinder, glass, 100 ml
1 $6.30 $6.30 Item #CE-PIPE01A
Pipette, Serological, 1 ml x 0.01 ml
1 $1.00 $1.00 Item #CE-PIPE05A
Pipette, Serological, 5 ml x 0.05 ml
1 $1.00 $1.00 Item #CE-PIPET
Pipet, disposable, 5 ml, 10/pk
1 $1.20 $1.20 Item #CE-TTRACK1
Test tube rack, 6 holes
1 $3.90 $3.90 Item #CE-TTUBESM
Test Tubes, small 13x100 mm
6 $2.00 $12.00 Item #CH-AGARN08
Agar, nutrient, 8 g, dehydrated
1 $4.75 $4.75 Item #CH-BROMOBL
Bromothymol blue, 100 ml
1 $4.00 $4.00 Item #CH-DEXTROS
Dextrose (glucose), 30 g
1 $3.00 $3.00 Item #CH-FOODCOL
Food Coloring, 4 colors
1 $3.50 $3.50 Item #CH-IODINE
Iodine solution (Lugol's) 30 ml
1 $4.25 $4.25 Item #CH-STARCH
Starch, water soluble, 30 g
1 $4.25 $4.25 Item #DE-SET1
Advanced Dissecting Tools
1 $8.95 $8.95 Item #DE-TRAYS
Dissecting tray, Styrofoam
5 $0.40 $2.00 Item #ME-THER30A
Thermometer, Fahrenheit & Celsius, 12"
1 $2.95 $2.95 Item #PM-BRAINSH
1 $11.70 $11.70 Item #PM-EYECOW
1 $2.65 $2.65 Item #PM-PIG2
Fetal Pig, 7-10", double injected
1 $15.95 $15.95
Item total: $114.70 Shipping: $6.95 ORDER TOTAL: $121.65
Description Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Status Unit Price Total Item #BE-BLDSIM2
ABO-RH Simulated Blood Typing Kit
1 1 Shipped (2/27/2012) $38.50 $38.50 Item #BE-MEMBRLG
Dialysis tubing, semi-permeable membrane, 12"
6 6 Shipped (2/27/2012) $2.00 $12.00 Item #CE-TTUBELG
Test Tubes, large 16x150 mm
6 6 Shipped (2/27/2012) $1.00 $6.00 Item #CH-BENSOL
Benedict's solution, 100 ml
1 1 Shipped (2/27/2012) $4.25 $4.25 Item #CH-EOSIN
Eosin Y, 1%, 30 ml
1 1 Shipped (2/27/2012) $4.50 $4.50 Item #DE-TRAYS
Dissecting tray, Styrofoam
4 4 Shipped (2/27/2012) $0.40 $1.60 Item #PM-HEARTSH
1 1 Shipped (2/27/2012) $4.10 $4.10 Item #UN-BIURET
Biuret reagent, 30 ml
1 1 Shipped (2/27/2012) $3.75 $3.75
Item total: $74.70 Shipping: $6.95 ORDER TOTAL: $81.65
I don't think you need this item - Item #BE-BLDSIM2
ABO-RH Simulated Blood Typing Kit - I did the lab but remember not using the kit. I also had a whole bunch of petri dishes that I did not need and bought too many test tubes. I also bought glass items like test tubes and beakers. You can save a lot buy purchasing plastic.