Straighterline courses - Page 5Register Today!
- Nov 27, '11 by Nervous1Quote from zcoq72mehsCheck Straighterline's website for Partner Schools and they have a course matrix listed, that will give you an idea of how their courses fall at WGU. Last I checked the new ones are not listed but the older ones are.thanks to all who shared insight into this resource.
it would be a good deal for any college who would accept.
i wonder if WGU would consider these, as somebody posted that question in another thread.
i was skeptical
- Apr 1, '12 by beestrngSorry about bumping this old thread.
My university I want the class to be sent to doesn't accept ACE classes but accept classes from some of the partner colleges. So if I transfer the course from straighterline to Kaplan for example, will this be "transcribed"?
- Apr 3, '12 by romsteadYou need to speak to the accepting university and find out if they will accept the credits from the school you want to take the class from.. do that first.. once you find one that is acceptable you can go for it.. I contacted excelsior .. first.. and sent the class and school info.. they emailed me back yes they would accept.. and then I had the credits transferred.. it worked for me
- Apr 4, '12 by BB6500I have the same question. If I take a College Algebra class at StraighterLine then transfer it to Albany State then transfer it again. Does my College Algebra class become transcribed automatically from Albany?
- Apr 4, '12 by caliotter3Quote from BB6500Have had credits transcribed on records from different schools. You will still need to have the transcripts sent from the original school to get credit at each new school. No school will accept credits on a 'third party' school transcript.I have the same question. If I take a College Algebra class at StraighterLine then transfer it to Albany State then transfer it again. Does my College Algebra class become transcribed automatically from Albany?
- Apr 4, '12 by Twincities75Well i spoke to Excelsior and they said that when a straighterline class is transfered into their university, then if the student then decides to transfer out the transcript will state that it was transferred in from Straighterline.
- Jun 10, '12 by hapaheartheroHas anyone taken A&P I with lab or II with lab through straighterline? if so, would you recommend it?!?!
- Jun 12, '12 by PenniejHas anyone taken a straighterline (SL) Algebra class and transferred to ISU for the LVN-BSN program? I'm getting ready to take my final for algebra and am trying to figure out if I need the exam proctored. SL states it's an option and ISU doesn't seem to be able to answer, at least those who I've spoken to. They accept ACE and said they accept SL but I can't find any information specific to whether proctoring is required for these prerequisites. Does anyone know what the transcripts look like with or without the proctoring option? I've used CLEP/DSST/Excelsior for my other classes and this is my only experience with straighterline. I'm going back to school after 20 years - much more complicated than it used to be!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and have a great day.......
- Jun 12, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeQuote from hapaheartheroHello hapahearthero!Has anyone taken A&P I with lab or II with lab through straighterline? if so, would you recommend it?!?!
I have recently completed A and P I and II with lab. If you are self motivated and do not require someone to push or motivate you, then these courses are terrific. They are challenging, not at all like some on-line programs. The exams are timed and are short. With this said, you must read your chapters and go through all of the practice games/ exercises prior to taking an exam. If you do this, you will do fine. Just wish they offered microbiology with lab as well:-) best of luck to you!
- Jun 24, '12 by 1busymaniamHello,
I too tried the straighterline.com. I am happy to see so many good things posted about their program. If you can get the credit and get the grade you need then they are awesome. Didn't happen for me. In Nutrition I made a 76, 20 minute tests. I retook the class and made a 82. 82 was not a B. I had to take it again and made another 82 then it was a B as they average the attempts not give the higher letter grade. I didn't get a B until 76+82+82 averaged to an 80. I had to have an A for my req'd gpa. I retook the class at Odessa Jr. College and got that A! Now in straighterline's defense, this policy is clearly listed in FAQ's and in their literature. Just get off to a good start and improve.