ISU Transfer Credit UpdateRegister Today!
- by Nervous1 Feb 14, '11Ok - first off, thanks for all the info lately regarding transfer coursework that may be applicable to ISU and the LPN-BSN program. I have been in contact with ISU over the past few days regarding transfer credits to meet the GE requirements. I finally got an email from the transfer guru, he was great at answering all my questions.
1. ACE recommened Courses - if ACE recommends it, they will take it if it meets a requirement.....example. Straighterline has English 101 and English 102 (College Comp I & II). ISU accepts this on an ACE transcript and grants credit as ENG 101 and ENG 105.
Same thing with Straighterline General Chem I with Lab, they will accept it on an ACE transcript. I had already had my College Algebra transcribed on a Fort HAyes transcript, so I knew they would take it already, but they will take it on ACE also.
2. CALCAMPUS - they will also take coursework completed thru this group as long as its the New Hampshire group. Apparently there are two places calling themselves CALCAMPUS.
I thought I would share with you guys because there is not alot of info out there on ISU lately as far as transfers, which I know is state specific, but Straighterline seems like its a good alternative for those wanting to get a jump start on their transfer credits. I am currently finishing up ENG 101, just 3 more papers to write and I have been very happy with them and you can't beat the costs.
- Feb 14, '11 by dkhrbhThat's great. I signed up for English Comp 2 today thorugh Staighterline. Just waiting to get an email from the course advisor with my sign in info. How has Eng Comp 1 been for you so far? I haven't taken English in a long time. I took Eng Comp 1 about 14 years ago. Hoping I can get the hang of it. After this I will be taking Chem 1 w/lab. And hopefully by then the A&P will be available.
- Feb 14, '11 by Nervous1The quizzes are pretty easy so far, mostly worth 5-30 points each. Writing work is 21 points each. I finished my last 4 quizzes today but I doing the writing assignments now. I did two of them today and sent in for review. I think I have 3 left. I've already added Eng II but I have not looked at it yet, just want to finish up I. I may go ahead and add Chemistry tomorrow so that if I get in the mood to really work this weekend, I can get started. I found a place to rent the Chem textbook for 48.00 for 130 days. The book costs about 120 on amazon right now. Renting is much better I think. I would love your input on ENG II. I finished College Algebra is about a week, this is week 2 on English Comp I and I should be done in a day or two.
- Feb 15, '11 by dkhrbhYeah I looked @ Amazon for the Chem book & wasn't ready to pay that much for a book. Send me a PM about were to rent the Chem book if you don't mind. I got the book for English Comp 2 from half.com for $2 + shipping. I hope I can get access today so that I can get started. Maybe in a few weeks I can add Chem. I'll let you know how Comp 2 goes.
- Feb 26, '11 by lvnibclcthank you so much for this info!!
- Mar 6, '12 by wigglesgogoFor Straighterline Chemistry did you have to buy the lab set? I wanted to know before I spent the $99.
- Mar 8, '12 by Nervous1I don't know if this is old or new, but yes, I did have to buy the lab set in order to do the labs. I just donated my kit to Goodwill, I should have asked if anyone needed it first