- by prettywomen2 Jan 7Is there any classes on line for CNA, and how long is the class?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=806548©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 499 Views
- Jan 7 by TheCommuterI've never heard of any online CNA classes. Most (if not all) states require CNA instruction to be in-person and hands-on, along with a 75+ hour clinical rotation where you practice skills on patients in a healthcare facility.
CNA is simply not one of those roles that can be learned through online courses.
- Jan 8 by prettywomen2Thank u so much! How long is the class?
- Jan 10 by Twinkle007It's between 1-3 months , there are different programs all over the country(part time/full time, private or CC;etc.) You need theory and practice (hands-on) to pass your state exam and become certified. Go to CNA/MA forum CNA/MA - Nursing / Medical Assistant and you'll get lots of useful inforamtion regarding CNA career.Last edit by Twinkle007 on Jan 10
- Jan 10 by pfongkIm in Australia and I did My Certificate 3 in Aged care distance ed. I was already working in the field though and had been working as an Assistant Nurse (CNA) for about 10 years when I started. I had a pile of workbooks to do and the CN at work had to sign me off on my practical stuff. I did have a "teacher" from the company I went through fly up and sit down with me if I had any questions about once a month.
- Jan 11 by Forever Minei've never heard of a online CNA school... I know in some community colleges you might be able to take the classes online but then you still have to go in and do the practice labs and do a 16 hr+ (depending on the state) clinical rotation.