Need some advice

  1. I have being LVN for 9 years and graduating from RN school in 2 weeks. The problem is that I am under pending investigation from LVN Board for documentation mistake I made in 2009. I have an attorney who is trying to settle the case before the formal hearing which is scheduled on Feb 3. Most of my classmates are sending applications for permission to take NCLEX, but I am not sure what to do. While I do not have any disciplinary action taken yet, I would still have to check the box on the application. The question is: do I wait until my case is settled and send an applcation for NCLEX, or send an application now with all documentation (description of what happened, several recommendation letters from my employers, nursing instructors and my attorney) ??? I am getting conflicting advice on this issue. I am wondering if sending application now, and then sending results of settlement, would cause confuse/delay in getting permission to take an exam.
    Also, if I will only get a reprimand, what are the chances of me getting permission tot take NCLEX?
  2. Visit ariel4164 profile page

    About ariel4164

    Joined: Dec '09; Posts: 7


  3. by   NRSKarenRN
    It would be prudent to have your current license issue cleared before you need to apply for RN license and have that application held up by current case. This is not an issue our members can give you advice on. You need to follow the advice of your attorney.