Background Check? ????Register Today!
- by GodIs082010 Oct 21, '12Hi
I take my first nursing class next semester. A background check is required. What do they check for?? I had a dui in 2005? 1st offense and nothing since. Will this affect me?
- Oct 22, '12 by JCRN09I do not have any offenses but all I know I know is if you do not list it...you could possibly be denied. They deny applications all the time for this when Caught that you didn't list it on your app.The nursing board frowns upon new nurses who start their career already caught lying!!
- Oct 22, '12 by chinkychunsamainly because the hospitals that you will be doing clinicals require it
- Oct 22, '12 by KJM-RNI'll just chime in with the others. My school requires a background check because they need it for the hospitals we attend clinical at. Also, according to my school it's ok to have a DUI, as long as it was disclosed at application time. If they find out you lied, that's when it becomes a problem.
- Oct 22, '12 by itsnoworneverThere were two or three in my cohort with DUI...the school background wasn't an issue, BUT they did take a little longer to get the ATT from BON I believe because of it.
- Oct 23, '12 by jimmywgr33nIt depends on the circumstances but you should be fine. Was it dismissed, did you complete a diversion program, or did you differ it. If not you can also look into sealing, expunging, or vacating the record if enough time has past.