Are you a new informatics nurse? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 26 by yeng_27What would you advice me? I'm a BSN grad and registered nurse here in the philippines had 4months hospital experience.. Then i havent found a permanent job since its hard to look due to the oversupply of nurses here. As of now 300,000 nurses are unemployed sad fact in our country. I am planning to enter informatics and i dont know where to start, the options i have are plan A take a 2 year degree in information technology and get a job affiliated to that course or Plan B look for any nursing job.. I'm so lost but i know that the bedside is not for me.. And I've really wanted to pursue informatics in the first place but due to the demand that a nursing degree would lead to green pasture my parents forced me to take it..
- Feb 5 by Nurse2bESKI'd love to connect with some people interested in the field. I've been a nurse for a year, in cardiac, looking to make a move into infomatics. email me privately.... ekokosaATgmail
- Feb 7 by born2circulateRNHey everyone!
I'm a new grad as well. Been working in the clinical setting for about 5 months now and recently decided I would love to go into nursing informatics -as technology seems to be continuously growing in regards to healthcare, so IMO- taking this turn seems like a great idea.
I've been doing some research. A MSN in nursing informatics is totally an awesome idea, however, it's a bit pricey. So by the grace of God, I found a position at my hospital's network for an Application Analyst opening that specified nurses wanted! However, I would have to transfer - and I have to be at my current job for at least 6 months to transfer. So, fingers crossed the position will be still open in a month's time.
- Feb 17 by mugwumpQuote from InformaticsRN.MAi will be in a couple weeksCalling All Newbies!
As a newly hired informatics nurse, I've been perusing the website and reading similar stories about graduate programs, job searching, learning the role, etc. I'd like to start a network of new informatics nurses (either in school, or in the field for less than a year or two). It seems like we are all going through nearly the same process, just at slightly different points in time.
If you are interested, please reply here. I cannot send anyone a private message yet (I have to create 15 Quality Topics before I have the ability to do that), but I'm sure we can figure out a way to connect.
- Feb 20 by CavScoutRNHi all, I am currently employed as a nurse informaticist, or as called here, a clinical applications analyst. I've been in my current position 1 year and 3 months and love it. My background includes an A.S. in Computer Science and 5 years as an programmer/internet/intranet applications developer and a B.S.N. I graduated from nursing school and got tired of working the floor so looked into other options and found informatics. I applied for my current position and was officially offered the job 5 days later. I work mostly with interfacing clinical applications to the EHR and with upgrades. When I took the position I didn't think I'd be playing with iPad's, iPhone's, testing U/S machines, ECG and working as project manager but have grown into the role. It's a great field and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.
- Feb 23 by samchloeI am a new nurse informatcist. I started in january 22, a day after my last class as an MSN/Informatics. I have been a bedside nurse for 15 years and its time to look for other areas of the nursing profession.Our facility is in the move of implementing EMR/CPOE, and I became a nurse resource. I am excited in this new position but I still on verge if knowing what are our roles and what else I needed to know. I would love to connect with newbies and veterans out there in nursing informatics. Thanks, Ces
- Feb 23 by phylisrnI am interested also... how about we create a Facebook group?
- Mar 1 by jennyseyHi everyone! I have been an "Applications System Analyst" (Nurse Informaticist) for a year and a half. Best job I have ever had! I love it. And for the person who said that nurses are not needed anymore in this role, that is the furthest from the truth! Anyway, I have started a FB page: Life in the world of Nursing Informatics. I am also in the process of starting a blog for being able to discuss our roles more in depth. Look for it soon!! In the meantime, let's get together on FB...
- Mar 1 by jennyseyThis couldn't be further from the truth. As hospitals are racing to meet Meaningful Use requirements, Nurses with tech experience are at a high demand! In addition, the installation of an EMR is only the tip of the iceberg. It is the upkeep of evidence-based medicine, Clinical Decision Support and training that will be where we can help the most. I would not be looking for a job with vendors. Instead, we need to be the agents of change that propose Clinical Informatics Departments to do the research involved in keeping our EMRs relevant, safe and cost-effective.
- Mar 2 by samchloeQuote from jennyseyIm in.....Hi everyone! I have been an "Applications System Analyst" (Nurse Informaticist) for a year and a half. Best job I have ever had! I love it. And for the person who said that nurses are not needed anymore in this role, that is the furthest from the truth! Anyway, I have started a FB page: Life in the world of Nursing Informatics. I am also in the process of starting a blog for being able to discuss our roles more in depth. Look for it soon!! In the meantime, let's get together on FB...