need info on JA Thomas test for CDS position - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 9, '12 by canchaserHow far are you into your program? Doing clinicals yet? Learning a new job while in clinicals can cause added stress. If they are using the company I am familiar with, I had 12 weeks orientation. Are you working full time? Can you do this job full time and stil not loose your mind? I loved the job but had to return to bedside tO complete 16 hrs a week in clinical and work full time.
- Oct 12, '12 by joyncaringQuote from HANS01Are there resources or study guides for JATA's CCA test?Interviewed for Clinical Documentation Specialist position at my hospital. Next have to take the JA Thomas test (software company that puts out the CDI program) and pass.
- Oct 29, '12 by NurseDanaRNTo canchaser:
I just started the program, not in clinicals yet and am in school only part-time. I currently work 40+ hours a week and am enrolled in 7 hours at school. My current position is along the line of assistant manager, there are 2 of us on the unit, one day shift and one night shift. I've always had an interest in nursing informatics/chart review but I also want to be a nurse practitioner. Not sure how I'm going to tie this together, of it that's even feasible. How long were you a CDS? Did you do the job while in NP school?
- Oct 29, '12 by canchaserNursedana,I was a CDS for a year. I did the CDS full time and school part time. Do the CDS program, it will helpYou understand ICD9 codes. And when you have to learn them in NP school you will have a good grasp of it. And have a general understanding of billing too.
- Dec 9, '12 by erssamExam is multiple choice, two answers that could be correct and two that you can cross off. There are 60 questions with 10 additional questons on demographics. To me the test was difficult. My suggestion is know ABG's--metabolic/resp acidosis/alkalosis. Study hard on sepsis as there are multiple question on this also.