McKesson ParagonRegister Today!
- by RN_Wannabee May 2, '12Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with McKesson Paragon CPOE? If so, please share your experience with the product. I work for a large healthcare system (56 hospitals) and two of our new acquisitions have this product in place.
Maurice A., MSN, RN, PMP
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=705246©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,675 Views
- May 2, '12 by nkochrnI don't know anything about Paragon, but I'd be interested in hearing more about it! Our family practice uses Practice Partner from Mckesson. If in the unlikely event we'd ever switch the software on the hospital side, we'd probably be looking into it!
- May 6, '12 by Whohealthcares?RUN AWAY! Mckesson is an absolute nightmare. From the tech support, training of staff and go live it was a complete failure. Our go live date was pushed back a number of times and none of the staff from Rn's to Md's liked it. Our PT and Orthopedics groups actually opted out of Mckesson when we changed. We becuase we could not load in patient history we were forced to still use paper charting and another program along with Mckesson. If you want a program that makes sense and runs smoothly then go with EPIC's erecord. I was working at another hospital (it was at least twenty times the size of the ones that used Mckesson) and we were all trained in two days and the whole hospital went live without issues and tech support was amazing!
- May 8, '12 by RN_WannabeeThanks so much for the insight. I will definitely speak to my executive team regarding several of the issues you stated.
- Jun 5, '12 by transducenMckesson is a nightmare, look into Siemens' products.
- Jun 14, '12 by leekun2010Quote from RN_WannabeeI have worked with this product and other various Paragon systems at my facility where I have helped withnimplementation, building, from start to finish. McKesson CPOE is a blank slatewhen you buy it and you have to build all your order sets and the codes, and sometimes, may not exactly be friendly to endusers according to them. It is a good product, but I suggest you choose your CPOE system carefully.Hello Everyone, Does anyone have any experience with McKesson Paragon CPOE? If so, please share your experience with the product. I work for a large healthcare system (56 hospitals) and two of our new acquisitions have this product in place. Thanks, Maurice A., MSN, RN, PMP