Anyone who has used McKesson? - page 2
by leekun2010 13,172 Views | 13 Comments
My hospital is in the process of building our computer charting system, and the program that we're gonna go live with is the Clinical Care Station from McKesson. Is there anyone in this forum who has built a system with this... Read More
- 0Dec 5, '12 by mmcdonnI do not like it. I preferred MediTech (even though MT looks ancient). McKesson is focused on being complex, when it should be simple. There are frequent failures, and (at my hospital) there is a time delay when moving between each tab in the assessment. The flow sheet does not "flow". The medication administration is full of problems with bar codes not scanning, and there are too many "pop ups" that slow things down and promote mistakes. I heard that they are investing a billion dollars in the program, but I doubt that this money will make the system more "simple".
- 0May 5 by h15264I am a recently fired nurse, because the McKesson software dumps charting. The frequent error boxes screw up your confirming and saving med administrations. Is there anyone out there who has noticed their charting is GONE? When you know for sure you saved it. I need people to notify me if this has happened to them. Many,many of my coworkers have lost charting and med administration entry's but will not put it in writing for fear of retaliation. The older nurses are getting harassed and fired because of missing charting. I need statements I can print off to show the board of nursing and my union. Please post your comments full names would be great but first names is fine. Please help me. Thanks. Luann W.
- 0May 5 by CraigB-RNIssues with McKesson
1. You get what you pay for
2. It's geared toward collecting data but not so good about giving it back.
3. Blank sheet. It's a general purpose EMR that is trying to specialize. You have to make sure you think out what you want very well during the build process.
Make sure you know what reports you want and have them set up in the build process, including ad hoc reports.