Is there really a job waiting for us Filipino nurses in the US?
- 0Aug 19, '10 by emptystreets27This issue has haunted me ever since I graduated last year. I just passed my NLE this year, took and just passed my IELTS two weeks ago and about to take my NCLEX exam this September. Passing the exam is really no big deal for me as should anyone who has plans of taking the exam as long as you put your mind to it. After passing all the exams and processing for Visa Screening, what now? Can we really be employed by American employers considering the issues US faces with its own nursing graduates? I already have a US tourist visa but that's just it. I don't have any experience whatsoever. I want to know if there are people out there who have the same issue as mine. I've spent soooo much time and money preparing for all these exams. I don't want to waste more of my time, fantasizing about working in the US and ending up not getting hired at all. I don't want to be pessimistic but I don't want to be too optimistic either and end up getting disappointed and depressed about the whole matter. Can anyone here offer me a dose of reality please? I badly need one! Thanks!
- 2Aug 19, '10 by Silverdragon102 AdminMoved to the International forum
Really retrogression is affecting everyone not just nurses from the Philippines.
I think as long as you are prepared for the wait (could be many years) and are lucky enough to find a employer willing to wait years for you then you have a chance. However gaining nursing experience i think will open your opportunities with a employer.
You may want to consider another country, many of us have and are settled now in the other country and have decided to stay where they are.
- 1Aug 19, '10 by yehs14@emptystreets27 - congrats on passing NLE and IELTS. Did you attend a review center for IELTS? Please let me know where and how much? What are your scores in Ielts?
@Silverdragon - can you suggest any country that are more open for Filipino nurses? I failed NCLEX and I'm still depressed about that. I am planning to apply as RN on other country but I don't know how to begin.
I still don't have any work experience. I've been looking for jobs here in the internet, all I see were those job openings in the Middle East. Honestly, I am really scared to go there. Others have good experience working there, but many are still unlucky on their jobs.
I am one of the thousands of Filipino nurses struggling to find a job. Please give me advice on what I should do.
thank you very much!
- 0okay. thanks for your comment and advice but the thing is i already have 2 classmates (one in vermont and another one in texas) already working even without the experience but they are green card holders. but regardless of what's going to happen i'm still going to take the nclex exam anyway.. i'm compelled to do it! plus my schedule na. anyway hope everything's going to work well for us!Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Aug 21, '10 : Reason: Tagalog removed
- 0@yehs14 yes i did attend a three week review for the IELTS test pero im located here in davao but in case you live near the area, i reviewed at the study aide avenue. they helped me perfect my reading and listening test. got an OBS of 8.0! thanks to them! on average a review will cost php 4,000. and there are review centers that offer unlimited review, flexible schedules so it all depends on your needs.
- 0@m1yage believe it or not but they're employed. the one in vermont i forgot the name of the hospital but other classmate in houston texas she's working in triumph hospital. they're actually working already! they're a step ahead of me because of their green card.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Aug 21, '10 : Reason: English language only, please