how can i become a PHLEBOTOMIST here in the Phil? - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 6, '10 by hynahmmmm...Philippine Red Cross doesn't offer phlebotomy training, although, when u become their volunteer in the blood bank area, they will teach you how to do it, but I don't think they'll give you certificate as a "nurse phlebotomist"
>>in my case, one hospital hired me to become their nurse phlebotomist<because of my training in Red Cross even though I'm only used in extracting blood on adults at the antecubital vein>med techs, will going to train me further for infant and child blood extraction.
>>>hope that helps
- Oct 16, '10 by ilovejpoahi there... im kinda new in this site...you see, i heard about a phlebotomy certification training here in the philippines..and look for such on the web, i wasn't able to find one.. is there anyone who has any information regarding this matter? i would greatly appreciate any reply.,.thanks!! :heartbeat
- Jan 18, '11 by LyferI think Philippine Women's University offers a Phlebotomy Course..but I'm not sure if all health/medical related professions can avail the program.
Better inquire at their institution for verification.
- Jan 19, '11 by lactamaseagrees with Lyfer
PWU offers a TESDA accredited phlebotomy program. Of course you need to finish TESDA requirements to finally have the license (yes, phlebotomist do have a license card pretty much similar to what nurses have)
I believe TESDA requires you to have at least 300hours (correct me if I'm wrong) of lab hours for the license.
I have a friend who is also a licensed phlebotomist that why I know. ;-)
- Jan 19, '11 by Silverdragon102threads merged
- Jan 24, '11 by LyferThanks for the additional info lactamase.
I am also planning to enroll in phlebotomy training. I inquired at PWU, but that was i think a year ago. They said the training is for 1 month, enrollment fee is 7k?
I'm not sure if there has been any changes made.
- Jan 25, '11 by needlefoxRNI do know someone who worked as a phlebotomist in PNRC. He is a nurse and has IVT training too. Perhaps you could try asking your PNRC chapter. Good luck!
- May 3, '11 by ilovejpoaits been a year since i made a post and to my surprise, im quite overwhelmed with the replies... thanks collegues... hope this helps, i also got to see the website of PWU, they do offer a phlebotomy training.. but when i inquired, some guy told me that the start of training depends on how many would register for the program; likewise, there's no definite "starting date" for the said training... nurse::redpinkhe
- Aug 10, '11 by bampariHi. Is there a PWU school here in Cebu??? I urgently need a phlebotomy nurse training and I am looking for one here... Thanks.