Will old program marks effect my chances?Register Today!
- by Ivgotsunshine22 Feb 7I took an unrelated program at my college years ago and didn't go to class (long story). Iv grown up alot know gone to University getting high
Grades now and Iv totally changed with my attitudes towards school. I'm getting my Chemistry now doing very well and going into Pre-nursing in September.
Will they hold my grades from years ago in a totally unrelated program against me even if I do very well in Pre-nursing?
- Feb 7 by livRN2012I would think so, as long as they are on your transcript, they would included in your GPA.
- Feb 7 by prenursingbabydollare you doing pre health in seneca?
- Feb 12 by kazmakactually I was in a similar situation as you. My grades in my first program (health management) were not so good, but when i switched programs into something unrelated to nursing (art), I had decent grades. They weren't amazing but they were pretty good and I did amazing in my pre-nursing courses. And yes, i got into a nursing program. So in the end, they look at your cumulative GPA, your pre-nursing courses, and the GPA in your most recent courses.....and it may depend on the school you apply to.
- Feb 12 by mariebaileyYour nursing pre-reqs are an opportunity to pull up your GPA, and they will carry more weight than those older courses. They will affect your chances, but not to the extent that your performance in your pre-reqs does.
- Feb 12 by AngelicDarknessDepends on the school - I took nursing and failed the first time around. When I reapplied - my old marks didn't seem to tarnish me or bring me down. I applied to 5 schools and 4 accepted me Good luck OP!