Transfering LPN licence to alberta

  1. Hi,
    My wife is working as an LPN in Saskatchewan. She is working as full time LPN for the last one year. We would like to move to Alberta. She is graduate from India. Does she need to write english fluency test again? She has passing score for english proficiency in SALPN.

    Kindly advice.

    By the way, I am john, working as an RN in saskatchewan.
  2. Visit angeljohn profile page

    About angeljohn

    Joined: Sep '12; Posts: 3


  3. by   itsmejuli
    Have you reviewed the CLPNA website? College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta - Home
  4. by   angeljohn
    Hi itsmejuli

    Yes I did. But It doesn't say much about it. there is an email link for inquiry. but i would like to hear from somebody who experienced it.
  5. by   NotReady4PrimeTime
    That's a bit of a long shot, John. There won't be many IENs who have moved from Saskatchewan to Alberta. I would guess that CLPNA will want an English proficiency test result that is less than 2 years old, no matter where one has been working.
  6. by   joanna73
    Every Province has different requirements for IEN's. From what a couple of IEN's at work told me, they have higher requirements for registration in AB. You would be best to speak directly with CLPNA. Each case is assessed individually. It depends.