CNO refuse to take CRNE. - page 3

I am a nurse in the philippines. I also have experience. Im also registered nurse in NEW York City. Before I move here in Canada, I send my credentials to CNO including endorsement of license from... Read More

  1. by   Coci
    of course you need to be proficient in english, communication is key in nursing, with the patients and the team. Nursing is a profession and you need to be professional. Maybe then, you can properly pronounce names instead of calling all male clients "papa" and females "mama'. I was an IEN as well and accepted and graduated from a bridging program. Now I practice as an RN in acute care. I am glad the standards are set high. Rules and regulations must be followed.
  2. by   tosca rose
    hi gailtan, I moved here in quebec 2 mos ago. I want to ask eventhough u only have temporary license from quebec, can you transfer it to CNO and will they give you fulltime license? or do u still need to take ielts exam? by the way, I haven't started my registration yet. im still confused if I will register in quebec or CNO because I heard they might accept old nclex-passer next year.
  3. by   Fiona59
    Why do you want to leave Quebec already?
  4. by   NotReady4PrimeTime
    In 2015 it's true that our Colleges of Nursing will accept "old NCLEX-passers" BUT... the exam a person has written as part of the registration process is only one part of the process, the very last one in fact. Before you can get to the exam you have to document and demonstrate that you've graduated from an approved nursing education program (which varies from province to province and from country to country), that you have reasonable proficiency in the language spoken where you plan to work, that you have evidence of safe nursing practice, that you have no criminal past, that you have legal authorization to work in Canada and that you have an understanding of the legal responsibilities of nursing in Canada. Until you meet ALL of those requirements the exam means nothing.

    As a general rule, you should apply for registration in the province where you intend to live and work, not where you'll have the easiest time meeting the requirements. While there is registration reciprocity between provinces, IENs will still be assessed from square one.