Medical DefinitionsRegister Today!
- by GracefulRN May 17, '04Ok, yall have probably heard these before, but they made me smile.
Artery - the study of paintings
Barium - what's done if a patient dies
Cat Scan - searching for kitty
Cauterize - made eye contact with her
Coma - a punctuation mark
D & C - where Washington is
Dilate - to live a long time
Enema - not a friend
Fester - quicker
Fibula - a small lie
Impotent - distinguished and well known
Labour Pain - getting hurt at work
Medical Staff - a doctors cane
Morbid - a higher offer
Nitrates - better than day rates
Node - was aware of
Outpatient - when a patient faints
Post Operative - delivers the mail to the ward
Recovery Room - a place to do upholstery
Rectum - Damn near killed 'em
Secretion - hiding something
Seizure - a Roman emperor
Tablet - a small table
Ultrasound - very good music
Urine - the opposite of "you're out"
Varicose - nearby
Vein - conceited
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=66984©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,584 Views
- May 17, '04 by Darlene K.I've heard these before too :chuckle , but they still make me laugh.
- Aug 9, '04 by bbarbie1Here's one more, though not funny (sorry). Whenever I see "discomfort" on a description of a medical test, I substitute "white knuckle pain" and that usually turns out to be about right (think flex sig).
- Aug 9, '04 by NurseBunkyI've never heard these but they were hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!:chuckle
- Apr 26, '12 by FranemtnurseCardiology: Advanced study of poker playing.
ER: The thing on each side of your head that you hear with.
Hemorrhoid: A male from outer space.
Organ Transplant: What you do to your piano when you move.
Pathological: A reasonable road to follow.