Funny Nursing Dreams - Page 8Register Today!
- Feb 19, '11 by mama_dThere were several of us in a very demanding pt's room. I opened up the blinds and there was a big sign right next to our parking garage that said "Hilton Hospital Vacancies Available".
This was right after yet another meeting about our Press Ganey scores.
- Feb 20, '11 by TCoxLPNI don't think I actually get to hit REM sleep enough here lately to dream...(just started working nights). But any time the microwave goes off while I'm asleep I immediately jump to attention..looking around to see whose tab alarm is going off. No falls on my watch!
- Feb 22, '11 by abbakingI had a dream that a helicopter was landing at our hospital - normal since i work at a major trauma center. What was odd was that our unit had a glass cieling and glass walls. As the helicopter came closer, the blades accidently struck the buliding. The glass was everywhere and patients and staff were running for their lives except me and another staff. (This staff member is HYSTERICALLY funny in everyday life and has a dirty potty mouth). She looks at the disaster and then says to me very causally "Osama Been Flyin - At least our unit is now somewhat remodeled"
This next dream is morbid/sad. Last year I made a post on here about being called to Human Resources for "harrassment". In my dream, the guy who made the claim has died at work from some horrific violent act. I passed his dying body in the hallway and called out "Speed bump - Back over it to make sure its a goner!" My boss then comes to me and says how could you be so mean. And I tell her, It aint my fault he is dead - then told her that we should go to his funeral wearing white.
I was under alot of stress back then.
- Feb 22, '11 by elizabeth8503RNI haven't had alot of dreams about nursing lately, but last night's dream was a doozie. You know you have been watching to much Grey's Anatomy when Izzy shows up in your dreams.
I was taking care of a patient with a bleeding ulcer, and in the next room was a guy who had a very serious abdominal wound caused by a fishing hook. (Granted I know that some fishing hooks can get very very large, this fishing hook was no bigger than my thumb.) I must have been hungry, because I was attempting to figure out what was going on with my patient, and my only thought most of the time, was why my sandwich was burning on the stove, and I kept asking Izzy Stevens (Grey's Anatomy) to get me some water.
The doctor's kept telling me that this guy was in serious trouble, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why, he was laughing, and talking, and reading some magazine. They were about to take him to surgery, as in they were wheeling him down the hall, when I noticed that he still had on his camo shorts on, and that I had forgot to put him in a gown.
Before I got a chance to actually get the gown on him, I was pulled away for a very serious meeting on the floor, and the guy in charge was wearing a marching band director's uniform on. The basis of the meeting had to do with food on the floor, and one of the nurses brought her two teenage boys into this meeting, and something about Wednesday was very important.
The band director (leader of the meeting) was about to tell me something, when a loud noise went off, in the millisecond before I woke up, I thought it must have been the fire alarm.
What a strange dream.
- Feb 22, '11 by FranemtnurseQuote from abbakingi had one last noc. in my dream, i was back to floor nursing only it was in a nursing home. in the dream, the don assigned me to a unit, and didn't give me any orders at first. i finally asked her what she wanted me to do with the first patient since she only gave me his name. then she told me to go into the unit with the most difficult to care for residents. when i arrived, i was all alone. i have no clue what happened after that, but it spoiled the wonderful feeling i had when i was finally able to work again.i had a dream that a helicopter was landing at our hospital - normal since i work at a major trauma center. what was odd was that our unit had a glass cieling and glass walls. as the helicopter came closer, the blades accidently struck the buliding. the glass was everywhere and patients and staff were running for their lives except me and another staff. (this staff member is hysterically funny in everyday life and has a dirty potty mouth). she looks at the disaster and then says to me very causally "osama been flyin - at least our unit is now somewhat remodeled".Last edit by Franemtnurse on Feb 22, '11